University choice... UAL or De Montfort?! Watch

ErinAshby05
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been given places at both UAL and De Montfort to study art and design foundation.
I live in London and had decided on DMU but just been offered a place at UAL.
I just don’t know what to do.
Which would you choose?!
PQ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can you afford to move out of London without a maintenance loan?
ErinAshby05
Rep:
?
Yes, that’s taken care of
ErinAshby05
Rep:
?
Yes, that’s taken care of
Fkyamani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey I’ve been offered a place at both and I’m looking to go to UAL for cosmetic science , let me know what you’re planning . I’m an international student.
(Original post by ErinAshby05)
I’ve been given places at both UAL and De Montfort to study art and design foundation.
I live in London and had decided on DMU but just been offered a place at UAL.
I just don’t know what to do.
Which would you choose?!
De Montfort University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Erin!

Nice to meet you :hello:

My name is Laura and I am a current student at De Montfort University, Leicester.

I see that you are deciding which university to choose and I wanted to see if I could help at all. I see that you are looking to come and study an Art and Design Foundation degree - that's fantastic! What other factors are important to you when looking at a university? If you are happy to share these with me, I can potentially find some information about them that may help you make your decision.

Take care!

Laura
gerasim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would definitely go for De Montfort. I have a few friends studying there and i have only heard great things. Congrats on your offers!
TessBudz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi LauraI’m going to De Montfort for Art Foundation this autumn. Do you know the start date? Also I heard from someone else that there’s an assignment for the summer. Any clues on what it is? Tess
De Montfort University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi Tess!

Unfortunately, I cannot give out the specific details on what the assignment will be in case it changes sightly! However, try not too worry about it too much, we will contact you with the exact details by the beginning of July.

It is essentially just an unmarked piece of work to get the ground running before the course. The end result will be a portfolio of work to use to begin your discussions with peers and academics when starting in September.

The start date on the course will be after the 27th of August as the course normally commences after the Bank Holiday.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to fire them my way as I am a current student here!

All the best,

Dave
TessBudz
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks Dave. I’m ultra-excited! One other question. The Venice Biennale is on at present and continues to (I think) November. Do you know if there’s a trip planned there for August 19 intake foundation? students?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
De Montfort University
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi Tess,

Glad to hear of your excitement! We can't wait to see you and all of your fellow Art Foundation students with us in August!

I managed to speak to the Co-ordinator of the foundation programme just now. She has advised that nothing has been arranged as of yet for you, but any information regarding trips will be sent to you all over the summer.

If there's anything else, please feel free to drop a reply

Dave
TessBudz
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Thank you Dave. You are a star
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.44%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.86%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.53%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
16.16%

Watched Threads