Predictions CIE History IGCSE (Cambridge)May 8th 2019 Watch

Sassan1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Predicted questions for may 8th 2019 exam?
Topics I’m doing Germany inter war periods and Cold War
Lyuna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m doing the same topics. Looking at all of the past paper questions for paper 1, I think I could potentially get away with learning about just the League of Nations, causes of ww2, and treaty of v. It feels just a tad risky, but it’s a relatively safe chance.
Lyuna
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lyuna)
I’m doing the same topics. Looking at all of the past paper questions for paper 1, I think I could potentially get away with learning about just the League of Nations, causes of ww2, and treaty of v. It feels just a tad risky, but it’s a relatively safe chance.
This isn’t including the Germany depth study topics of course.
the_student_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My school makes us learn: Peace Treaties, League of Nations, Causes of WW2, Cold War and the Gulf, thoroughly. Probably prefer a cold war question, and a league/peace treaties question.
canidomyhw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We have to do Treaty, League, Steps to War and then the Russia Depth Study... looking at last years paper, I have a feeling there might be a League question
RohanS123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
does anyone have the feb/march 2019 paper
Elmira0000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you guys think that containment ( Cuba, Korea, and Vietnam ) will come up in paper 1, considering it will be on paper 2?
amishi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
seems kinda unlikely- cambridge does try to vary its questions so it can test you on as much as possible plus there are very few years where there have been questions on containment. the bigger question is; what's going to be on paper 2...
(Original post by Elmira0000)
Do you guys think that containment ( Cuba, Korea, and Vietnam ) will come up in paper 1, considering it will be on paper 2?
RohanS123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
it cant be containment cos thats paper 2
Ja151
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you lot reckon I just revise LON and Appeasement they may both come up?
Elmira0000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by amishi)
seems kinda unlikely- cambridge does try to vary its questions so it can test you on as much as possible plus there are very few years where there have been questions on containment. the bigger question is; what's going to be on paper 2...
What do you mean? Containment will be on paper 2.
amishi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i meant which of the containment topics- vietnam, korea or cuba- are going to come in paper 2. since paper 1 has a pretty good variety to choose questions from- i'd rather focus more time on learning as much contextual knowledge i can for one of the three case studies. paper 1 content knowledge is really hard but im super worried about paper 2- they hardly give us enough time. btw anyone doing igcse geography exam tmw?
What do you mean? Containment will be on paper 2.
Last edited by amishi; 2 weeks ago
Elmira0000
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I hope it’s Cuba or Korea!! It’s fine though, paper 2 doesnt require much knowledge on the content, and it’s worth less than paper 1 in terms of the percentage. Im doing geography paper 1 tomorrow, walking in with common sense lmao
(Original post by amishi)
i meant which of the containment topics- vietnam, korea or cuba- are going to come in paper 2. since paper 1 has a pretty good variety to choose questions from- i'd rather focus more time on learning as much contextual knowledge i can for one of the three case studies. paper 1 content knowledge is really hard but im super worried about paper 2- they hardly give us enough time. btw anyone doing igcse geography exam tmw?
amishi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think that's all we can really do- sometimes the stuff they ask about is so random!
amishi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
meant to reply to this
I hope it’s Cuba or Korea!! It’s fine though, paper 2 doesnt require much knowledge on the content, and it’s worth less than paper 1 in terms of the percentage. Im doing geography paper 1 tomorrow, walking in with common sense lmao
AuroraMoon23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's best to know international peace collapse, cold war, collapse of communism and either peace treaties or league of nations.
AuroraMoon23
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, containment most likely won't be in paper 1 because they have paper 2 to test you on it.
Ayladnan
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My eastern europe prep is rlly weakAnd i havent touched gulfBut my Treaties LON Hitler Foreign PolicyGermany is good Do you guys think ill be set for tomorrow?
bmarciel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
guys I have revised containment but barely. It's in my paper 2. Should I focus on everything else that I am at least sure will be in the exam. (My depth study is Arab-Israeli so kill me now because it's so complex)
Piloerection101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone else doing the German 1918-1945 Depth study? If so, I need help answering two 6 markers. Would appreciate 2 solid reasons for each answer.

Why were the Nazis unpopular before 1930s?
Why did the Nazis introduce the Final Solution
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (119)
24.64%
The paper was reasonable (214)
44.31%
Not feeling great about that exam (90)
18.63%
It was TERRIBLE (60)
12.42%

Watched Threads