Predictions CIE History IGCSE (Cambridge)May 8th 2019 Watch

Gcse20192021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sassan1)
Predicted questions for may 8th 2019 exam?
Topics I’m doing Germany inter war periods and Cold War
1 2 4 7 pretty sure but idk
Gcse20192021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Um? No if it’s the source paper it’s not allowed to be on paper 1
(Original post by Elmira0000)
Do you guys think that containment ( Cuba, Korea, and Vietnam ) will come up in paper 1, considering it will be on paper 2?
Piloerection101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Actually questions on containment can still come up. I’ve seen questions on the Bay of Pigs, Khrushev and whatnot in a past paper.
(Original post by Gcse20192021)
Um? No if it’s the source paper it’s not allowed to be on paper 1
Alicevictoriamay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am doing this topic, the first one I wld write about the munch Putsch, the elections, and there message being too narrowly focused so it didn’t attract many people
The second one we didn’t learn so idk
I’m planning on answering the Weimar qs
Last edited by Alicevictoriamay; 2 weeks ago
That's all folks
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Piloerection101)
Actually questions on containment can still come up. I’ve seen questions on the Bay of Pigs, Khrushev and whatnot in a past paper.
No but in past years,containment has not always been the allocated paper 2 topic. It may have been LON, road to war in the past which is why they will not have appeared. Containment cannot come up on paper 1 in this exam series
PoppyCurtis03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hope I can help, although I don't excel at history...
for the first one, you can put that the German's were content before the great depression/ the death of Gustav Stresemann, ending the Golden years as there was economic recovery due to the Dawes and the Young plan, and the Locarno treaty helped them be accepted into the League of Nations. they only received 12 seats in the Reichstag in 1928, as people did not feel the need to turn towards extremism, their party was also banned until 1927 (because of the Munich Putsch) so they did not have enormous amounts of time to build up their following.
For the second question, you could talk about the financial strain of the death squads, as well as the time and effort it took, there was also more issues with disposing of bodies, there is also the question of getting caught, as the USSR was moving in towards where the jews would be buried, so they had to march them towards the west ( known as the 'death marches' because many of them did not survive the march) and you could probably mention the build-up of hatred towards the jews from the first world war onwards.
(Original post by Piloerection101)
Anyone else doing the German 1918-1945 Depth study? If so, I need help answering two 6 markers. Would appreciate 2 solid reasons for each answer.

Why were the Nazis unpopular before 1930s?
Why did the Nazis introduce the Final Solution
wezita
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
and how do you know that containment will come on paper 2?

(Original post by That's all folks)
No but in past years,containment has not always been the allocated paper 2 topic. It may have been LON, road to war in the past which is why they will not have appeared. Containment cannot come up on paper 1 in this exam series
That's all folks
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
...It's on the CIE website
amishi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how'd u guys find the exam today?
Last edited by amishi; 2 weeks ago
wezita
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I didn’t like the questions but it went well
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Elmira0000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What were the answers to question 7 ( soviet control in Eastern Europe) about Gorbachev ? I think i failed that one
That's all folks
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I agree, some of the questions were frustrating but not necessarily difficult. Hopefully 20/20 on question 5 and 11
(Original post by wezita)
I didn’t like the questions but it went well
Elmira0000
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The depth study ( 11 ) was great. Leage of nations was not the best , especially the 4 marker about the slavery commission
(Original post by That's all folks)
I agree, some of the questions were frustrating but not necessarily difficult. Hopefully 20/20 on question 5 and 11
That's all folks
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah that depth study was brilliant. I think I got max 3 on slavery although the 10 mark question for LON was decent and the 6 marker was okay
(Original post by Elmira0000)
The depth study ( 11 ) was great. Leage of nations was not the best , especially the 4 marker about the slavery commission
Hope it went well for you!
andy4336
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i did questions 6 7 and 15 and they were ok
amishi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i think i did questions 5 6 and 15- they seemed to have gone well...fingers crosseddd
also do they mark u down if you use the same examples in ur 10 markers but analyse them differently
like for example manchuria and abyssinya had so many different aspects to them and can be used to explain so many of the things that happened...
Last edited by amishi; 2 weeks ago
Ollytp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Who knows what the 4 marker for Nazi Germany was? I talked about radios, am i right?
Alicevictoriamay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What did people put for the FOR argument in the 10 marker 11.c ( Germany depth study) because I didn’t know what else to put apart from what the treaty was at nd how it made hitler chancellor as Von Papen and Hindenburg needed his popularity and they planned to control him, but they underestimated Hitlers Charisma and popularity
PoppyCurtis03
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did 5,6 and 11, honestly what the hell was the slavery commission? like lmao, that's 4 points goooneee I'm so annoyed ughhh. I feel like the questions were super mean this year... so glad I went over the Munich putsch and the role of the SA YESTERDAYYYY. the core content questions were not amazing tbh. I feel like the Spanish civil war question was fine but was 100% not expecting it and only remembered a few parts from it, overall not too bad I really caught myself up on the depth study.
PoppyCurtis03
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
honestly, don't remember too much but I only wrote that Von Papen wanted to use Hitler and all that stuff, however, I put soooo much more for the other side of the argument, like that without his support he wouldn't have been able to get to that point and then that he had support because of negative cohesion, his charisma, and powerful oratory skills. I also put that the constitution was a reason as Von Papen wouldn't need to use Hitlers support if it weren't for proportional representation.
(Original post by Alicevictoriamay)
What did people put for the FOR argument in the 10 marker 11.c ( Germany depth study) because I didn’t know what else to put apart from what the treaty was at nd how it made hitler chancellor as Von Papen and Hindenburg needed his popularity and they planned to control him, but they underestimated Hitlers Charisma and popularity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads