The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

How many hours of revision should i do everyday leading up to May exams? I still haven't started revising :/
Quality over quantity, but during Easter I did 6-8 depending on the day. I know it sounds like a lot but I found that if I got up at 7 I could work 8:30-12:30 with a 10 minute break every 50 minutes where I'd do some exercise or have a snack, I would then have until 3-4pm off then do 2-3 hours in the late afternoon and evening. However, you just need to make sure that whatever you are doing is good quality (no passive reading of notes or textbooks, do questions and mark them and all that) and that you are coping with however much you're doing (mental health is priority, so it's about balance to about cramming) and try to have a day off every week. If you were to do under 4 per day, though, I would quesiton whether you would be getting everything that you need to do done!

Good luck!
Reply 2
My school is recommending 15 hours a week, which makes it about 2-3 hours a day. But it's not just about the number of hours you're putting into revising - it's about how efficiently you're using the time.
Thank you, I'm going to start revising from this week! Ughh there is less than 25 days till our first exam. I wish you the best with your revision!
Thank you! That's true but I have a lot of content to study so i will have to do 3+ hours a day
I agree. Certainly about quality. It also depends on preference. Passive revision isn't so effective. I've always found active recall useful if it helps you. Generally I'll explain a topic using my book whilst looking, close it and repeat it by saying it in a different way. you can also do this by writing out what you remember but I really think its useful. But again its totally up to preference. A massive good luck to all of you.

Quick Reply

Latest