Olturn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone know of anyone that has gone to Loughborough uni and then joined the civil service? I'm particularly interested in the fast stream.
Parker Tracy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have worked for the government most of my adult life. I studied English literature as an undergraduate, and then subsequently studied alongside working, Masters and PhD.

It doesn't really matter which university you have gone to - if you are applying for entry you will have to sit a board - which means a series of tests, and then, if you are successful, you will be asked to sit a series of interviews and tests. Competition is stiff, and it is really for your employer to determine whether you are fast stream material or not. In my experience, fast stream status is immaterial, as many of the fast stream entrants do not progress at the same rate as others. It is up to the individual how well they do when they arrive in post. I hope this helps. Happy to offer any follow up though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (279)
33.94%
No (543)
66.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed