The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Rejected by LSE? What to do?

Dear all,recently, I was rejected by LSE. It was my dream university. Is there no other chance for me to go to LSE? Adjustment? Clearing? Or anything else? Thanks for your help! :smile:
Original post by applicantofthetg
Dear all,recently, I was rejected by LSE. It was my dream university. Is there no other chance for me to go to LSE? Adjustment? Clearing? Or anything else? Thanks for your help! :smile:

did you ask for feedback what did they say? LSE is unlikely to be in clearing and might not be in adjustment.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
What course?
Accounting and Finance and Finance.. I applied to two courses and was rejected to both.
Original post by LeapingLucy
What course?
I didn’t yet. The email, however, said that it was due to my personal statement. I exceeded the grades by a big margin!
Original post by claireestelle
did you ask for feedback what did they say? LSE is unlikely to be in clearing and might not be in adjustment.
I didn’t yet. The email, however, said that it was due to my personal statement. I exceeded the grades by a big margin!

That's a scripted response.
I would want to adjust to possibly Acturial Science or another (similar) course where the application/intake ratio is less. It was my mistake to apply to the two most coveted courses...
Would you think asking them would help?
Original post by random_matt
That's a scripted response.
Would you think asking them would help?

Why not, you will either get a yes or a no. If the answer is no, then go somewhere else or reapply. Plenty of other good universities, would not recommend waiting.
Thanks for your advice!

Should I ask for a reason for my rejection and a possible adjustment? Or just the latterly?

What should I say in the email? Any tips?

(Please excuse the numerous questions!) :smile:
Why not, you will either get a yes or a no. If the answer is no, then go somewhere else or reapply. Plenty of other good universities, would not recommend waiting.
Should I send the email to the admissions office?
Thanks for your advice!

Should I ask for a reason for my rejection and a possible adjustment? Or just the latterly?

Thanks for your advice!

Ask whatever want, the admission office is who you should ask.
I’ll do that! Thanks!
Ask whatever want, the admission office is who you should ask.
LSE hasn't been in clearing for years, and it has never participated in adjustment (since adjustment started), so unfortunately the only way you could feasibly get a place at LSE is by taking a gap year and reapplying.

Emailing the university isn't going to change that.
Thanks for the reply!

But would you think that LSE is going to accept me next year? - possibly, If I apply directly in October? What if I do a gap year and they still don’t accept me..?
Original post by LeapingLucy
LSE hasn't been in clearing for years, and it has never participated in adjustment (since adjustment started), so unfortunately the only way you could feasibly get a place at LSE is by taking a gap year and reapplying.

Emailing the university isn't going to change that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending