Should I still do hospital work experience if it's after my interviews?

Watch
asdf104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was late applying to a hospital for work experience so the earliest available time left was April, should I still do it even if my interviews are done or is it just a waste of time? I doubt I'm going to apply for medicine again.
xyzzzabc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Work experience is helpful for personal statements and interviews.
However, you can use work experience to help you decide if medicine is for you.

Hope this helps and good luck.
username3154862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asdf104)
I was late applying to a hospital for work experience so the earliest available time left was April, should I still do it even if my interviews are done or is it just a waste of time? I doubt I'm going to apply for medicine again.
I mean any work experience is good work experience. It'll always be helpful no matter the job you're applying for.
If you have an offer then there's no point getting work experience right now, you're in med school so in theory you should already know if its for you or not.
If you're waiting on offers I'd say just wait till they come back before you do something next.
If you're rejected then it wont hurt to get again, it may fuel you to work harder to apply again if you are still on the fence about it, and it's relatively useful when applying for any job.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by asdf104)
Aren't you interested in seeing what your future career may look like?
asdf104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Aren't you interested in seeing what your future career may look like?
I am still waiting for responses and I seriously doubt I actually got into to any of them, so I dont think 4 days of work experience would be useful except for reapplying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.58%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.42%

Watched Threads