The Student Room Group
You'll struggle to get a verfied source unless Snow White is writing journals.

It's probably more likely to be related to the reported feeling of tranquility and peace caused by a limited supply of oxygen reaching the brain.
Reply 2
That doesnt make sense, if the person is dead then you cant have a near death experience because your not 'near death', your post-death, i.e. your in heaven or hell so you'll be having that 'near death experience' forever.

If your talking about near death experience on its own in people who survive death, thats different. And I doubt you can explain NDE scientifically. Alhtough look at the wiki if in doubt.
TheAncientMariner
You'll struggle to get a verfied source unless Snow White is writing journals.

LOOOL..anyways, i found this website and you can google to find anything else
http://www.near-death.com/
Reply 4
Once the heart has stopped beating ( and oxygen rich blood has reached the brain ) it takes approximately 3 or 4 minutes for brain damage to occur. So on that basis alone these NDE must happen as the brain is technically dying due to lack of oxygen. I dont know if theres actually any scientific references that you could quote/ read up on though.Apparently my aunt had a NDE when she was expecting her youngest son. She says that one minute she was sitting on the bed and the next minute she was floating above actually watching herself. Very interesting topic.
Reply 5
Annie72
Once the heart has stopped beating ( and oxygen rich blood has reached the brain ) it takes approximately 3 or 4 minutes for brain damage to occur. So on that basis alone these NDE must happen as the brain is technically dying due to lack of oxygen. I dont know if theres actually any scientific references that you could quote/ read up on though.Apparently my aunt had a NDE when she was expecting her youngest son. She says that one minute she was sitting on the bed and the next minute she was floating above actually watching herself. Very interesting topic.

Thats an out-of-body experience.

No .. it does happen.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Ahh I see, thanks for correcting me. :biggrin: . But then again * why * do they happen also??.
:s-smilie: There are quite a lot of explained things that are contained in religious scriptures...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Of course they happen, they're most likely to be due to a combination of hypoxia, excitation and fear,
I remember reading in a Robert Winston book on the human mind there is a specific area in the brain that is stimulated sometimes which gives the sensation of floating away, and this has been attributed to NDE's.

:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending