The Student Room Group

This thing keeps happening on dating apps...

So been on dating apps like match and pof for a few weeks. Had lots of conversations and have moved a few off the app to wats app or text. The thing is after having a laugh with these girls for days they suddenly go cold and just seem to disappear especially when it comes to actually meeting up. Even those that voluntarily gave me their number. Are they wanting to be chased or something? Or if they've started talking to someone else who they prefer why not just say? Any ideas? This keeps happening and it's really doing much head in 😆
That's what happens on dating apps.

A far better approach is to speak to the opposite in real life. It's easier to establish common ground/attraction so conversations don't fizzle out so quickly.
They lose interest.
Reply 3
On line dating is rubbish because the people you are speaking to have no idea at all if they actually fancy you and are girls in particular have multiple options on the go. It just least to the frustration you describe and bad 1st dates if they happen at all. Far better in may experience to look for someone through work, hobbies or just going to pubs where single people hang out. Not frustration free but you far clearer where you stand and more straightforward if there is some interest.
I once lost interest after seeing his whatsapp photo. But still went on a date because we had already arranged it and I hate/ don't know how to let the person know without hurting their feelings
They went cold because you didn't offer them your jacket and they realised what a chauvinistic pig you were.
Reply 6
Changed the wats app photo and seems to have worked 😆 would never have thought of that!!!
And I'm sorry but I got this jacket from debenhams so I'm kind of protective ok?
Reply 7
That's because with online dating a girl has 100+ people sending messages to her inbox so she can easily pick another person to be interested in.
OMG I've given some good relationship advice and yet I am still single :frown: Luke maybe you'd like to go on a date with me?? hahaha
Original post by Lukef430
Changed the wats app photo and seems to have worked 😆 would never have thought of that!!!
And I'm sorry but I got this jacket from debenhams so I'm kind of protective ok?
Reply 9
Haha go for it 😉 you have heard that I'm a chauvinistic pig tho right?
Original post by Anonymous
OMG I've given some good relationship advice and yet I am still single :frown: Luke maybe you'd like to go on a date with me?? hahaha
(edited 5 years ago)
social media is better than dating apps
it's cos they either are bored of you or found someone else to talk to
Reply 12
Honestly mate, your best bet is to suggest meeting for a coffee/drinks/dinner fairly quickly (1/2 days) after beginning conversations online.

This will weed out some that aren't serious and also let you get to know them better as it's pretty hard online. There is also a high chance they are chatting to other people so you want to make an impression sooner rather than later.
Just remember: people are weird

I hate dating apps. I decided to join a co-ed recreational sport to meet guys. It was good and know people who have found their husband/wife through that method. It’s much better than dating apps!

The worst/weirdest thing i find is when youre talking to someone, you swop numbers then they send you a text saying something like “How’s things?” Or “what are you up to this weekend” and. Then when you reply they just dont respond, but then do the same a couple of weeks later 😂

Yes, people are weird 😂e
Reply 14
Good advice guys thanks 😆.

I guess I'm a bit naive with this stuff. Just find it a bit rude Haha.

I completely understand many will move on to other people but just.... let me know so I can do the same 😆.
Dont keep all your eggs in one basket. Dont pin your hopes on one person either. If you get someone interested, even if you go on a few dates keep looking because they will be doing that too. When you feel youre ready to go exclusive/Facebook official delete your profiles TOGETHER but not before.

You’re young and life is too short. Go have some fun!
That's the magic of dating apps. They don't work. and most of people who use them know that. When I used to have tinder I used to swipe it just to read guys profile description coz some of them were funny. Although I did meet some guys in person, and one of them is actually my ex I still believe that chatting up girls face to face is a way better chance to meet someone. But you should exercise ur pick up lines for the future and you can do that on dating apps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending