The Student Room Group

Master's Course in Education - Return on Investment?

Hey there!

An international applicant from India here!

After working for four years in the education sector I am hoping to formalize my study in education (as I completed my undergrad in architecture) by pursuing a master's course in the subject.

I have been particularly drawn to courses which relate to international edcation policy and development and have applied for courses aligning to these topics in UCL, KCL and Sussex (and some other Uni's outside the UK)

I currently hold offers from UCL and Sussex and am waiting to hear back from KCL. A one-year course from these Uni's are roughly going to come up to £25,000-30,000 which is a considerably huge investment to make - and most of it would be taking as a student-loan if the scholarship route doesn't work out.

My main conundrum with this decision is to understand how easy/difficult is it to find a job as an international student in the overseas job market to help recover these loans? Will there be a return on investment? My major reason for asking this question, is for me to quickly repay the loans I will have to work abroad for a while and if job prospects are bleak and I am forced to return back to India - it would be a financial disaster!

Any advise or suggestions would be really helpful!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post..

Cheers!
If I am honest, I'm not really sure what sort of jobs these masters would directly lead to- perhaps something with an overseas development charity? These jobs do exist but they are competitive and charity salaries tend to be lower than other sectors.

Have you asked the universities what sort of jobs graduates from these courses go on to do?

What sort of job are you hoping to get in the future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending