The Student Room Group

results from mock exams

I recently did my mock exams and I am very anxious at the moments as I don't think I completed all my exams to the best of my ability. I am a very emotional person, so I am afraid about how I may react to my results if they aren't good. Any advice on how to stay positive and calm before and after I receive my results?
To start off with, don't work yourself into a frenzy.
Now, let's say you do really bad. Absolutely awful. What happens? Does the Earth shrivel up and die? Does WW3 break out? Zombies?! Nope. You might get a concerned word with your teacher, in which case explain that you were a bit anxious and will work on it by doing some more practice papers or something before the real exams.
Not so bad, surely? Now you've planned for the worst case scenario, think more realistically. Sure, maybe you haven't got the best results, but they're probably decent enough. You'll most likely do much better in the real thing.
When you recieve your results, think to yourself about what you've done quite well (I'm sure you've done better than you think - I thought I failed, but I did fine) and what you need to improve on to do even better. Try not to let your emotions get the better of you by planning ahead and thinking logically about your next steps.
And anyway, mocks are not the be-all-and-end-all. They're there to help you see where your strengths and weaknesses lie so you can improve.
Good luck (I'm sure you don't need it), hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Thank you :smile:
Original post by PearlOrbit
To start off with, don't work yourself into a frenzy.
Now, let's say you do really bad. Absolutely awful. What happens? Does the Earth shrivel up and die? Does WW3 break out? Zombies?! Nope. You might get a concerned word with your teacher, in which case explain that you were a bit anxious and will work on it by doing some more practice papers or something before the real exams.
Not so bad, surely? Now you've planned for the worst case scenario, think more realistically. Sure, maybe you haven't got the best results, but they're probably decent enough. You'll most likely do much better in the real thing.
When you recieve your results, think to yourself about what you've done quite well (I'm sure you've done better than you think - I thought I failed, but I did fine) and what you need to improve on to do even better. Try not to let your emotions get the better of you by planning ahead and thinking logically about your next steps.
And anyway, mocks are not the be-all-and-end-all. They're there to help you see where your strengths and weaknesses lie so you can improve.
Good luck (I'm sure you don't need it), hope this helps! :smile:
No problem! :smile:
Original post by Asatu
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest