About the GAMSAT prep books and materials Watch

Amoka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am yet to enter uni for bioscience. I wanted to write GAMSAT in my second year. So I want to ask which prep books and materials are good and where can I get some? How much will it cost me and is there anyone who have second hands books there? Also is there practical questions as same as the exams structures available and where can I get it? Are all these in form of PDFs?? Thank you for your response
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Griffith's GAMSAT review is the best place to start (https://www.gamsatreview.com/optin) - it's cheap and gives a good overview of the topics covered in the exam and includes a practise test.

As a non-scientist I used the Gold Standard book, but I know this isn't approved by everybody. This is a bit pricier at ~£100, but you can find second hand copies online.

Des O'Neill papers are good, albeit difficult. They don't do up to date papers anymore, but you can find PDFs online.

The closest thing to the actual exam are the ACER practise papers. You can download some free practise questions to see what kind of difficulty it is. I would save the full tests for when you are nearer to sitting the exam.

Hope this helps!
Amoka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Oh thank you very much. It was of good help to me.
Thanks once again.
(Original post by Marathi)
Griffith's GAMSAT review is the best place to start (https://www.gamsatreview.com/optin) - it's cheap and gives a good overview of the topics covered in the exam and includes a practise test.

As a non-scientist I used the Gold Standard book, but I know this isn't approved by everybody. This is a bit pricier at ~£100, but you can find second hand copies online.

Des O'Neill papers are good, albeit difficult. They don't do up to date papers anymore, but you can find PDFs online.

The closest thing to the actual exam are the ACER practise papers. You can download some free practise questions to see what kind of difficulty it is. I would save the full tests for when you are nearer to sitting the exam.

Hope this helps!
AnabelBlu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Agree with Maraki, the best is the Gamsat Review I also found it the most up to date. After that Des O'Neill stuff if you can get it apart from those two I'd just use normal textbooks and the free stuff you can find online. Best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.48%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.37%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (85)
18.93%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.68%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.24%