Physical Education - Work Experience

Watch
Randy2008
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi all,
First of all I apologize in advance if this needs to be in a different directory.
However I hope to progress to a Physical Education teaching role in the future, and currently i'm taking my GCSE's at the moment, however when the summer holidays come, I'll probably be bored etc, so i was considering a Work placement at a Leisure centre etc, my only concern is whether it is necessary at this stage of development and if it will awknowledged or not?

Thanks
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I did work experience at an *unnamed* gym in Reading - all I pretty much did was clean for the week (although we did do some classes, but...)
My friend went to a Leisure as well, and she really did just clean.

We were warned it would be like this before we went, and so I think it's quite commonplace for this to be accepted as the type of work you do.

Could you not try a primary school? This sounds odd, but a couple of people went to primary schools and helped out with PE lessons for a couple of weeks - that might look better on a CV than a gym as it's more specific to what you want to do.

That being said, it probably couldn't hurt.
Randy2008
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yeah however this is subject to a summer placement, however i don't want to waste my time if it's not viewed upon by Uni's
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It might not be recognised by Uni's, but might well be by future employers?
Besides, if it helps you gain experience in what you want to do, it can't be all bad, surely?
eulerwaswrong
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
are you old enough to take part in some of the summer scheme - childrens sports and activities - around where i live through the summer there are like play scheme things - lots of friends i know (i think theyve alll been 18 plus) have done sports etc with children
kingsuhayb 123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i want to do physical education work experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.85%
I'm not sure (32)
4.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.34%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.81%

Watched Threads