strugglingrn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i want to do an art foundation course then go to another uni and possibly study maths or some maths/science/design degree. sounds weird i know. but does anyone know how that would work finance and applications wise?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A foundation diploma is an FE qualification. So the funding is different (no fees if you’re under 19 but also no living costs loan) and doesn’t affect your eligibility for HE (degree) funding.

Most FAD courses will help you with your ucas application whether you’re applying for an art and design degree or something completely different. But you might want to speak to your science/maths teachers before you leave your sixth form to see whether they will help provide a reference commenting on your science/maths ability that your FAD tutors can bring into their reference.

You might want to look for a FAD that has good 3D facilities. Particularly if you’re interested in engineering/design type courses (or architecture/model making/product design)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 Has more information
strugglingrn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Original post by PQ)
A foundation diploma is an FE qualification. So the funding is different (no fees if you’re under 19 but also no living costs loan) and doesn’t affect your eligibility for HE (degree) funding.

Most FAD courses will help you with your ucas application whether you’re applying for an art and design degree or something completely different. But you might want to speak to your science/maths teachers before you leave your sixth form to see whether they will help provide a reference commenting on your science/maths ability that your FAD tutors can bring into their reference.

You might want to look for a FAD that has good 3D facilities. Particularly if you’re interested in engineering/design type courses (or architecture/model making/product design)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads