The Student Room Group

Microsoft Word - Word Count

Hello,
I'm currently in the process of writing an essay with a maximum word count of 2000 words where references are included. Does the word count box at the bottom left hand corner include the references? (Harvard style, at the bottom of the page)
Any help would be appreciated!
Original post by axolotlaristotle
Hello,
I'm currently in the process of writing an essay with a maximum word count of 2000 words where references are included. Does the word count box at the bottom left hand corner include the references? (Harvard style, at the bottom of the page)

have you set up the references using the reference tool? if so they won't be included in the word count
Original post by axolotlaristotle
Hello,

If you've not used the references tool, then it will do, but you can highlight the sections of the text you want and it'll tell you how many words that specific section is.
Original post by claireestelle
have you set up the references using the reference tool? if so they won't be included in the word count

Original post by Dan_N_2002
If you've not used the references tool, then it will do, but you can highlight the sections of the text you want and it'll tell you how many words that specific section is.

Okay thank you! Though I'm not sure if maybe I've accidentally (and thankfully lol) set my preferences to include them in the word count, seeming as when I add and delete words from the references it changes the word count (something I hadn't noticed before)
But as I said before, thanks very much for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending