The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Higher Tier Maths - Paper 3 - 11th June 2019 (Calculator)

Scroll to see replies

??
Original post by Ishaq0161
For the density one would you get any mark if you done the right working out but you thought the L was the mass.
Is 0.4 and 1.6 right though?
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Yeah I got that but is it 0.4 -<x<1.6
_< means less than or equal to
Yeah I think so
Original post by Haroon Usman
Is 0.4 and 1.6 right though?
I got 47/80. So gutted.:frown: I got 168/240 in total. Is this a grade 8 or what grade do you think it is.

Paper 1: 57/80
Paper 2: 64/80
Paper 3: 47/80
(edited 4 years ago)
Will 45 be enough for a grade 4?
I got maybe 20-25 on paper 1, 35-40 on paper 2 and about 35-40 again on paper 3.
Original post by Eli0038
Yh. I got 38 on paper 1 , 37 on paper 2 and around 30 - 32 marks on paper 3
I did the exact same things :frown:
Original post by aeneas_son
my thick brain made a good few silly mistakes. for the machine one, the answer is 10 (i did all the hard stuff and got 7 then forgot to add the other 3 days), and the 2nd last question with the circle is root 6.4? im not sure, i did it wrong since i forgot to square the 3 in 3p, but the equation you should get is 10p^2=64 and then figure it out form there
Reply 327
what do u think grade boundaries for a 9 would be
Original post by BL4NK

198 marks
Original post by BL4NK

Anywhere between 190 and 199 in my opinion.
What grade do you think would 104 get me?
Original post by Eli0038
What grade do you think would 104 get me?

According to my predicted grade boundaries which are reasonable, that would be a Grade 6 Lower end.
for the bearings, I worked out everything right but I forgot to add the angle I found to the angle already there to get the full bearing, and i didnt write it with a 0 at the beginning. How many marks would I lose?
Original post by jduxie4414
for the bearings, I worked out everything right but I forgot to add the angle I found to the angle already there to get the full bearing, and i didnt write it with a 0 at the beginning. How many marks would I lose?

1 or 2 maybe. Sometimes the 0 matters, sometimes it doesn't. Stop worrying, it's not healthy to still be obsessing over the details of the exam; relax and try to enjoy your summer.
Yo guys, on paper 3, there was a machine question. What topic does that come under. I knew how to do it before, but I forgot the method?
Original post by 14.suthasanA
Yo guys, on paper 3, there was a machine question. What topic does that come under. I knew how to do it before, but I forgot the method?

Ratio I presume. Can’t remember the name but I guess it’s a ratio of sorts.

Edit: from ResultsPlus direct, the skills tested in question 9 of paper 3 (the machines making boxes) was “solving problems using direct and indirect proportion” search this on my maths and you should get similar questions
(edited 4 years ago)
hey guys do u think can help me out a bit what did u get for for paper 3 topics
can any one help me for paper 3
Original post by helppmmeeee
can any one help me for paper 3

what help?

Quick Reply

Latest