The Student Room Group

Critical thinking

Hi,
I'm dyspraxic and doing a foundation degree in nursing.

We have to do an essay on critically analysing an article.

Does anyone have any tips for dyspraxics to do this task I'm told is very difficult.

Thanks
Original post by Alpops
Hi,
I'm dyspraxic and doing a foundation degree in nursing.

We have to do an essay on critically analysing an article.

Does anyone have any tips for dyspraxics to do this task I'm told is very difficult.

Thanks

Hello, i m dyspraxic and dyslexic and did a foundation degree in health and social care, and i'm pretty good at critical analysis. It just takes a bit of getting the hang of but I got mid firsts towards the end of my degree in a critical essay. What you need to do is have a balanced viewpoint. So you essentially follow a pattern for each point saying the author said x, this means.. author y agrees with this, but then author z disagrees with this because..

See if your uni library has this book, i found it really helpful at uni (in fact the whole pocket study skills series is a brilliant read) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Getting-Critical-Pocket-Study-Skills/dp/0230584764

Do you have any sort of study support? my study skills support tutor was helpful with these sorts of things. If you need to, start by just dumping all the points you can make about the article in bullet points and go from there, don't worry about your structure being perfect to start with.

Quick Reply

Latest