dontbethatway
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Apart from care homes, what are some other good places to volunteer if I want to apply for medicine?
humayun.h
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
GP, hospitals. It just matters on how u reflect on it rather than what you are actually doing. I only did voluntary work in a hospital and got 3 offers because I reflected well.
XxSaruman82xX
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Schools, scouts young leader are good as well. Although they aren't necessarily care related, they both involve and develop some of the essential skills needed in medicine.
Popeye_ukuk
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Red Cross
bioguurll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hospital, pharmacy, GP, pre schools(working with children)
bioguurll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
schools for children with disabilities.
Lauren @ Medical Projects
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi dontbethatway,

Great to hear you're looking into Medical Volunteering / Work Experience for University. Can I ask what year you're currently in?

We have several options of overseas work experience which involves an element of volunteering, and we have availability this summer if you intend to apply in October for next year?

Happy to help if you want to drop me a message, or head over to our website for more information, dates and options: https://educationprojects.co.uk/medical-projects/

Have a great day
Lauren
ax12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Virtually anywhere - try places like hospices, care homes, etc first, but front-facing charity roles are also good. You could even apply to work as a HCA in a hospital or care home.

I would avoid paying anyone for work experience or volunteering opportunities, it adds nothing to what you can find yourself and they tend to be incredibly expensive. Having spent time in a foreign country paying over the odds is no more favourable (and potentially even less so) than finding somewhere close to home for free.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads