Northumbria uni accommodation Watch

Libby_Stephenson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just wondering which accommodation is the best at Northumbria uni, I will be studying physiotherapy which is at coach lane campus. I’m wanting accommodation that is more social and looks half decent if anyone can help!
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Someoutthere
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello!

Im a second year student and I had the best time in Manor Bank accommodation. Its 5 minute walk into the centre, just outside the metro stop and literally opposite the business building. Its across the road from nancys bar as well as the local Sainsbury's.
I really really wouldn't recommend uni accommodation, its more expensive and really grimy.
Its brilliant for social scene as well. they always have social events and free pizza nights every term. I met so many people and now live with 5 of them. Because it is private there is also Newcastle student on certain flaws. You can choose mixed gender or all one gender, university and what year you want your flat mates in.

https://www.unitestudents.com/newcas...m_campaign=GMB

The other accommodations available are:
Liberty key- nice
liberty living- its nice
Candem court- Some nice refurbished rooms but bad for repairs and can be grimy
New bridge- nice but wayyy over priced and issues with cleaning
Trinity- really nice but in gates head so its a metro away from city centre although a 15/20 minute walk into town

Hope it helps!
(Original post by Libby_Stephenson)
Just wondering which accommodation is the best at Northumbria uni, I will be studying physiotherapy which is at coach lane campus. I’m wanting accommodation that is more social and looks half decent if anyone can help!
Student Roost Newcastle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello Libby,

Student Roost have 3 sites in Newcastle which offer accommodation for anyone who is a student. We have a mixture of Newcastle, Northumbria and Newcastle College students.
Take a look at our website https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/newcastle

We are so close the city centre, public transport, shops and bars - nothing is too far away to walk. We also have great social events throughout the year, Welcome parties, Halloween parties, lots of food out for everyone to share and grab on their way to uni.

Our prices start from £115 per week and we offer shared flats and studios.

Send us a message if you have any questions.

Thanks
Tegan

Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
I really advise against NU-Owned accommodation. It can be hard to find help when you are unhappy in your flat; privately owned halls tend to be more peaceful and the staff are great.
TheShieldNewcastle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi Libby,

Why not have a look at The Shield?

Top reasons to book with us:

- Rooms from £115
- Luxury furnishings and fittings
- Amazing social spaces (including a cinema room and a gym!)
- Great social events
- 5 minute walk from Northumbria University and 15 minute walk from Newcastle University.
- Free laundry and groceries for your first semester!*
- Refer a friend offer - get paid to live at The Shield!
- 2 minute walk from the #1 bus stop which takes you directly to Coach Lane Campus! We have a large number of students who study at Coach Lane.

If you are interested and would like to schedule a viewing, please give us a call on 0191 300 6502 or send us an email at [email protected] uk

Christy
The Shield Student Accommodation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Northumbria University
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads