*urgent help needed for EPQ* Watch

Wooord
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I need someone that is good with words to put together a title for my EPQ, it needs to be specific. I have completed the whole project (production log, report etc) but still haven’t come up with an appropriate title. As of right now it’s just “what are the psychological effects of eating disorders”, my supervisor said this is too vague.

Main points I have made in my report are:

•symptoms and effects of depression and anxiety
•symptoms and effects of anorexia and bulimia
•how they link (over-lapping effects/symptoms)
•current concern: social media as the ‘culprit’ of the increase of depression and anxiety, and anorexia and bulimia
•I have also included case studies/real stories using documentaries.

I need to come up with one for tomorrow*. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP

*i know I’m a ****ing idiot for leaving it last minute 🙄
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Wooord
Rep:
?
Bump? ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽😓
diztrezzed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
does it have to be a question? or can it just be a statement
cleganebxwl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That current title is very very vague

I believe my research question was 'To what extent do video games cause aggressive behaviour in 11 to 18 year olds?"

Breaking that title down, you can see it is very specific:
- "To what extent..." indicates that I'm discussing how much games affect behaviour, not just whether they do
- "...aggressive behaviour..." shows that I was researching something very specific, i.e. "aggressive behaviour" as opposed to "aggression" or "negative behaviour"
- "... in 11 to 18 year olds?" I was told to look at a specific age group

I briefly justified these parameters that I sent, within my dissertation, with reference to research

So, your current title needs work in a few areas:

- "psychological effects" is far, far too broad and encompasses a whole manner of things. You should specify what exactly you were looking at, e.g. the 'psychopathological symptoms' or the 'cognitive symptoms'. Maybe you could say you were looking at the consequences of the rise of eating disorders on the lives of young people
- "eating disorders" - except, you're not looking at eating disorders - you're looking at anorexia and bulimia. There are numerous eating disorders that you have not covered.
Wooord
Rep:
?
(Original post by diztrezzed)
does it have to be a question? or can it just be a statement
It can be a statement!

(Original post by cleganebxwl)
That current title is very very vague

I believe my research question was 'To what extent do video games cause aggressive behaviour in 11 to 18 year olds?"

Breaking that title down, you can see it is very specific:
- "To what extent..." indicates that I'm discussing how much games affect behaviour, not just whether they do
- "...aggressive behaviour..." shows that I was researching something very specific, i.e. "aggressive behaviour" as opposed to "aggression" or "negative behaviour"
- "... in 11 to 18 year olds?" I was told to look at a specific age group

I briefly justified these parameters that I sent, within my dissertation, with reference to research

So, your current title needs work in a few areas:

- "psychological effects" is far, far too broad and encompasses a whole manner of things. You should specify what exactly you were looking at, e.g. the 'psychopathological symptoms' or the 'cognitive symptoms'. Maybe you could say you were looking at the consequences of the rise of eating disorders on the lives of young people
- "eating disorders" - except, you're not looking at eating disorders - you're looking at anorexia and bulimia. There are numerous eating disorders that you have not covered.
Thank you for your help My supervisor told me i should mention eating disorders in the title (which sets my overall topic), and then in my introduction talk about the two I chose, why i chose to just focus on two, and why these two in particular
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads