Solicon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys!

Long story short, I studied Law, am currently training to be a corporate solicitor, but have decided it is not for me. I want to become a Spanish teacher. I love everything about Spanish: the language, the cultures, the cinema and the arts. Having it as a career would literally be a dream.

I studied Spanish to A level and got an A grade. I also studied two Spanish modules during university, passing them both at 2.1 level, but then stopped. I didn't return to Spanish again until I graduated in 2016, when I went to Spain for a year to become an English Language Assistant. Basically by the time I came back my Spanish was pretty good.

Anyway my question is, what are the chances of being accepted onto a Spanish PGCE? I know a lot of times they want you to do two languages, and I did also study a French module at university but really I just want to focus on Spanish. If I put on my cover letter that I am willing to do an SKE, would my chances improve?

Also I know that if I am unsuccessful then this is definitely something I want to do. Do you think studying modules to gain credits from the Open University would help for 2020 applications if I am unsuccessful?

Thanks for all your input! There is a lot of information out there so would be good to hear from people.

Super excited to get back to university in any case and get this dream of mine alive.
Solicon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
bop
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (3)
25%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (4)
33.33%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (5)
41.67%

Watched Threads