The Student Room Group

Forehead too big

I’m tired of looking like megamind, I literally haven’t worn my hair up in almost 8 years because it makes me so self conscious. I’ve always had a big forehead but these past few years I feel like my hairline has been slowly creeping up. Especially from the side, it looks like I am balding. I have tried minoxidil but it doesn’t seem to work at all. I’ve also used hairline coverup powder but I feel like this just worsens hair loss as it clogs up my pores and I also have to scrub it off at the end of the day, so it seems not worth it. I’m now 18 and when I was 16 I remember begging my mom for a hair transplant and got slammed lol.

What can I do about this? I feel like hair transplantation is the only option and I’m genuinely willing to pay with my own money to get it done. What do you think?
all my friends complain about their forehead size and how it's 4 fingers wide and mine is around 6 :aetsch:
Reply 2
Hey!
I've got the same problem as you and I've always hated not being able to wear my hair in the 'trendier' hairstyles because of how much forehead real estate they exposed. Suffice to say, I still don the JB look after all these years. However, I've realised over the years that if you've got it, you should rock it! So I'd say try not to become too self-conscious and see how you can make certain styles work for you, because at the end of the day, you've gotta love yourself for who you are.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m tired of looking like megamind, I literally haven’t worn my hair up in almost 8 years because it makes me so self conscious. I’ve always had a big forehead but these past few years I feel like my hairline has been slowly creeping up. Especially from the side, it looks like I am balding. I have tried minoxidil but it doesn’t seem to work at all. I’ve also used hairline coverup powder but I feel like this just worsens hair loss as it clogs up my pores and I also have to scrub it off at the end of the day, so it seems not worth it. I’m now 18 and when I was 16 I remember begging my mom for a hair transplant and got slammed lol.

What can I do about this? I feel like hair transplantation is the only option and I’m genuinely willing to pay with my own money to get it done. What do you think?

Finasteride.
maybe get bangs?
no one focuses on the forehead
Get a full fringe! Doesn’t necessarily have to be super heavy and blocky either just abit of hair to cover ur forehead and make it look abit smaller :smile:
Reply 7
Get a full fringe! It doesn’t have to be super heavy or blocky, just abit of hair to cover up ur forehead slightly :smile:
Attachment not found
Original post by Profesh
Finasteride is a waste of time and money.

Fixed that for you.

(Now then, now then, now then...)
Original post by nabsers
Hey!
I've got the same problem as you and I've always hated not being able to wear my hair in the 'trendier' hairstyles because of how much forehead real estate they exposed. Suffice to say, I still don the JB look after all these years. However, I've realised over the years that if you've got it, you should rock it! So I'd say try not to become too self-conscious and see how you can make certain styles work for you, because at the end of the day, you've gotta love yourself for who you are.

Yeah i agree, but I'm finding it hard when I look in the mirror and all I see is multi storey five head lmao..
Original post by Limebay
Get a full fringe! It doesn’t have to be super heavy or blocky, just abit of hair to cover up ur forehead slightly :smile:

I'm actually always going back and forth between fringe and no fringe, but always revert back to no fringe lol! The fringe does erase my forehead somewhat but the cons outweigh this, especially in the summer when I'm literally sweating my bangs into separate sections lol. Bangs also just do not flatter my face :c
Hey there! If your hair is falling off, you can try fixing that with massaging oils/garlic oil into your scalp, and esp around the front since that's your problem area. And do it each time before taking a shower. You will notice a big difference once your hair starts growing back. I also bought a hair oil from amazon (tell me if you want me to share the link or not), and it made my hair grow in a span of 1 month, because my hair was falling due to the stress and over work lol. And I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, but make up helps too. But try growing your hair back first.

Edit : And try not using chemicals, irons on your hair. Help it grow back healthier first. Even when you shower, let it dry naturally by itself.

(edited 5 years ago)
I have a very very similar problem. But I’m slowly getting over it. If you can’t change it, embrace it!!:smile: I tie my hair up but I wear a head band so it covers a lot of my forehead and maybe wear a cap? Or get a fringe!!!
Who cares? Look around, most people look 'weird' in some way or another. Whatever your problem with your forehead is, it's probably not weird compared to everyone else's 'disproportionalities'.
Have you seen your doctor? There may be a reason for your hair loss but it probably isn’t as bad as you think. I hope you were prescribed anything that you took because ordering from the internet etc is very dangerous.

You should to that thing were they inject hair cells into your bald areas. Can’t remember what it’s called at the moment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending