The Student Room Group

Gcse french speaking help!!!1

HELP!! Its my speaing exam tomorrow, im doing aqa and they moved me from foundation to higher last minute on friday- does anyone now how to get near enough top mars. any tips and tricks would be greatly apprecisted xx
Reply 1
Haven’t actually done mine yet but it would be good if you can get as many tenses in as possible (since it’s last minute you could just learn a few versatile phrases for each tense) and idioms. Also it might be good to know describing vocab for the photo card such as colours, clothes, places etc. Hope it helps and good luck
-Get in as many tenses as you can

-Learn phrases to help you with the picture description like “je dirais que” or “ils ont l’air” etc

-Brush up on your question asking skills - you will need this for the roleplay but this will also get you higher marks if you can ask the examiner questions back during the conversation section like “Vous en pensez quoi?”.

-I assume you have prepared a presentation for the second to last section; that is a great way to squeeze in complex language for higher marks as you can memorise it so it is guaranteed you will get it in there!

-Idioms are a great way to get higher marks too.

Good luck! I have mine next monday :smile:
Original post by hannahj0138
HELP!! Its my speaing exam tomorrow, im doing aqa and they moved me from foundation to higher last minute on friday- does anyone now how to get near enough top mars. any tips and tricks would be greatly apprecisted xx
Same. They moved me up to higher on Friday too. Why the heck are all these schools last minute?!

Photocard:
- Literally say what you see. Use à l'arrière plan (background), à gauche (to the left) and à doit. Describe colours, shapes, what you think is happening. ANYTHING.

Roleplay:
- Have some gem phrases that fit into anything.
- When asking a question, make your voice higher (intonation). They like that, and it sounds natural.

General convo:
- Make sure you're dead confident with your chosen theme, as they'll ask more on that. I'm Theme 1, so we can practice on PMs if you'd like.
- Have some gem phrases here too.
- Asking "Reformulez la question s'il vous plait?" will actually gain you marks, because you're asking a question which is normal and a a bonus it gives you more time to think (even if you've actually understood the question, you can quickly think of the response while the teacher tries to rephrase.

BONNE CHANCE!

Quick Reply

Latest