Is being called cute a bad thing?

Watch
Callumd99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
From quite a young age I’ve been called cute a number of times by girls, I am 22 now, but on nights out I speak to girls and all they seem to say isn’t that ‘you’re so cute’, ‘you’re so nice’ or ‘you have really nice eyes’ my mates always say that I have really good eye contact too, which I wouldn’t say it’s really bad in my opinion but I don’t really know how to react haha. I wouldn’t say I’m the best looking of lads but I’m really nice and friendly and that could just be the reason, what do you think?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That's a good thing.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a compliment.
bored1802
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
the real question is, where the hell is the negativity in that?
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
prefer something like hot but cute means they fancy u
Callumd99
Rep:
?
I know there’s obviously worse things you can be called, I don’t hate it but I just find it as though they think I’m soft like a puppy or something haha
Unexpectedly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would tingle with excitement.
Unexpectedly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People in comparison find me 'unlikable' if I'm stressed or angry. :sadnod:
Unexpectedly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Then on that basis, why not come and visit me and watch me when my computer or smartphone doesn't work properly and I punch my bed in frustration? You'll think you're watching a litter of puppies playing with their mum. :teehee: :rofl:
Callumd99
Rep:
?
I guess so it’s a good way of putting it, I’ll start taking it as a compliment more than me just being a softy that I am haha
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are worse 4-letter words containing C-U-T to be called.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Unexpectedly)
I would tingle with excitement.
:lol:

-------
I think it depends on the context, I get called cute sometimes but I think it's more of a pity thing cos people think I'm inept cos I'm so anxious in social situations so it's endearing to them apparently.
Jono*
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
same, hot women are keep telling me I'm beautiful, funny, cute, am very attractive and that I have beautiful eyes on an almost daily basis. So I too understand and feel your pain, I know how hard it is to deal with this kind of underhanded criticism. Stay strong brother, one day guys like us will find someone who truly appreciates us, someone who can love us with open eyes.
Callumd99
Rep:
?
Let’s hope so mate haha
(Original post by Jono*)
same, hot women are keep telling me I'm beautiful, funny, cute, am very attractive and that I have beautiful eyes on an almost daily basis. So I too understand and feel your pain, I know how hard it is to deal with this kind of underhanded criticism. Stay strong brother, one day guys like us will find someone who truly appreciates us, someone who can love us with open eyes.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
There are worse 4-letter words containing C-U-T to be called.
I'd sooner someone added the n and called me that than said I was 'cute'. 'Cute' is just creepy for a man of my proportions and demeanour.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I'd sooner someone added the n and called me that than said I was 'cute'. 'Cute' is just creepy for a man of my proportions and demeanour.
Tbh same. Around here the N one is a term of endearment. Cute just sounds like they're coming on to you but haven't got the lexicon to be creative or at all expressive.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Tbh same. Around here the N one is a term of endearment. Cute just sounds like they're coming on to you but haven't got the lexicon to be creative or at all expressive.
Tbh the age of the women I usually end up porking, it sounds like they are talking to one of their kids. Sometimes that's fine, I suppose :laugh:

Same with my lot and the added n, it's such a nothing word to us that it is hard to take offence even when meant sincerely and delivered with gusto.
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you sound like you have serious problems in your head
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Prussianxo)
you sound like you have serious problems in your head
Don't we all?
Prussianxo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
usually when I've been called cute I know it's more in a puppy type of way and they don't like me like that. but if a girl says you have nice eyes that's usually a good sign
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.7%
Uncertainty around my education (56)
11.41%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (57)
11.61%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.44%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.5%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (52)
10.59%
Financial worries (29)
5.91%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.52%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.85%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise