The Student Room Group

Physician Associate applications 2019

Hiya, currently in biomed third year and am applying for PA starting next August/sept. Do all courses require interviews? When do they hold interviews for Physician associate am worried they might interfere with my exams.

Any info is very much appreciated! Thanks! :smile:))
Hi

Yes the PA course does have interviews as part of the application process, but it's not to bad. I'm a third-year BSc Radiotherapy student. I've had an interview, 3 days before my dissertation submission. It's not bad as long as you are enthusiastic about the course and have knowledge about the NHS, you will be fine.

What unis are you planning to apply to?
Reply 2
I’m applying to Birmingham, St George’s, Brunel and Reading :smile:)
Im applying to birmingham too, i have my interview in a few weeks
Original post by Lucy2121
I’m applying to Birmingham, St George’s, Brunel and Reading :smile:)
Reply 4
Good luck guys! Interviews in general won’t clash (that I know of) with exam weeks at your university - I know some unis that find out when exams are held & try to give you a date which suits you / allows you to do Skype interviews instead. But that said, if they do clash I’m sure you can just email saying you have an exam that day & I don’t think it would negatively impact your application!:smile:

Also interviews aren’t too bad, they’re more about confirming you are who you say you are & ruling out negative traits (eg dishonesty) rather than trying to grill you! Someone told me that interviews are not meant to be stressful - you’re scouting the uni & programme seeing if you like it there just as much are they’re scouting you! Admissions tutors always know that you will have applied elsewhere and they need to impress you just as much as you need to impress them!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest