?
Report 3 weeks ago
Perfectly sensible. He has nothing to do with us anyway so it’s a no brainier,
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"Dutch member of terrorist group denied entry to Britain" probably wouldn't have made the news if his wife wasn't a British child bride who the government saw fit to abandon for the crime of being groomed.

EDIT: Oh boy, I figured there would be some fun responses. So, a couple of clarifications;

*My point wasn't to absolve her of criminality, it was a criticism of our government's response. The government hasn't even attempted to touch the citizenship of the likes of Anjem Choudary who have been infinitely greater risks to the UK and infinitely greater contributors to jihadism than a deluded tennager will ever be, yet she's the one that they elected to make this borderline-unorecedented move against in the name of partisan point scoring.

*Yes, she's old enough to have had an idea of what she was doing, that doesn't mean she wasn't groomed. She left her home to enter into a sham marriage with an older man she met on the internet and got used for sex, service, and to pump out kids as quickly as he could get them back into her. There is literally no arguing against the fact that she's a textbook victim of grooming. If she'd moved into a recruiter's attic in Luton you'd have been frothing at the mouth, but because it was a "soldier" in a third world country half way across the planet she suddenly deserves no mercy.

*I don't think she should have been welcomed back, she should have lost custody of the child the moment the plane landed and been subjected to whatever level of interrogation, monitoring or detainment that would meet the national interest. Putting aside whether or not you think she deserves to die in a rat-hole of a refugee camp, her child, a British citizen by birth, sure as hell didn't.
Last edited by Gofre; 3 weeks ago
Vikingninja
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What a surprise.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
"Dutch member of terrorist group denied entry to Britain" probably wouldn't have made the news if his wife wasn't a British child bride who the government saw fit to abandon for the crime of being groomed.
She abandoned the U.K by leaving to join and support a filthy terror organisation.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 3 weeks ago
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
She abandoned the U.K by leaving to join and support a filthy terror organisation.
She did, at the ripe old age of fifteen.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Would be saying the same in she was a fifteen-year-old white boy who went to Syria after being groomed online by a woman. You know how disguising that woman is she not only join IS she shown no remorse she allowed 3 of her own children to of die from negligent. Nothing to do with the government it has no responsible any of that woman children deaths. By the way, I think we should put her in a women prison in Britain and see how long it takes for the other prisoners to put her in a hospital for abusing her children.
(Original post by Gofre)
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
This is apologism.

She is traitor to our great nation.
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Jon Venables and Robert Thompson murdered at age 10. We all make 'mistakes' when we're young but thinking before you act is a thing and now all these people need to deal with the consequences of their actions, like anybody else would. Showing some remorse also helps.
looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Perfectly sensible. He has nothing to do with us anyway so it’s a no brainier,
She also allowed her own children to die from neglected I can almost understand a teenage boy/girl thinking it a great adventure to join IS but not allowing your own children to die.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't know why he would have been given access to Britain anyway. :lol:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
The age of criminal responsibility is 10. So she is responsible for her own actions in abandoning this country.
jb1229
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A bit random isn't it? He wasn't trying to get into the country anyway...
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
So what if she was groomed, she made the decision on her own, people have double standards when talking about age, she's left at what? 15? That's a more than mature age to know what's good and bad, you want the UK to take her in and what? rehabilitate her? why should we, when at the same time she's a risk.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good.
Yet another terrible overseas visitor that Britain needs to keep out in the interests of public health, national security and avoiding a public nuisance.
Much like the Phelps family of WBC, contaminated eggs and rabies.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
She also allowed her own children to die from neglected I can almost understand a teenage boy/girl thinking it a great adventure to join IS but not allowing your own children to die.
I agree with the government decision to remove isis wife's uk citizenship and desire to do everything legally possible to ensure that neither she or her spouse are ever allowed the opportunity to set foot in any uk territory.
But it is very difficult to accurately speculate upon the cause of death of residents accommodated in refugee camps, particularly in countries where refugee camp births are not registered and there are widespread cultural taboos in relation to autopsy's.
Last edited by londonmyst; 3 weeks ago
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Another terrorist banned from this country, am I supposed to be surprised?
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
Haven't you watched Hot Fuzz?

Sometimes things must be done for the greater good.
ZombieTheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ok cool
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads