The Student Room Group

Girl sending mixed messages

There is a girl I work with who has blocked and unblocked me online multiple times, but we talk a lot in the office and she always asks me questions and is really nice to me, so I don't understand why she keeps blocking and unblocking me outside of work. I really like this girl, but she keeps sending mixed messages. Please could someone give me some advice.
I think if someone keeps blocking then unblocking then they may have an issue (could be an anxiety or maybe just shy and doesn't know quite what she's doing), as unless you're sending tons of unwanted messages or something then really she could just not reply without going to the extremes of blocking? And then unblocking? What do you know about her? How does she act around other men in the workplace? Has she had many boyfriends or is she inexperienced?
Reply 2
I think she just talks to you in work to pass the time
Reply 3
She acts fine when we are in the office, she is kind and friendly. Just don’t know why she does this. At the moment she is blocking me however she will most likely unblock me in a couple of months
She's not interested in you romantically.
Who knows? Ask her, not us.
Didn't realise she blocked you for that length of time? A couple of months? In that case just ask her because at least then you'll know where you stand. It's a simple question - why am I blocked? You can't lose anything because at the moment there is nothing to lose.
She's probably confused herself if she keeps blocking and unblocking! Only way to find out is to (politely) ask her

Lucy
Reply 8
As she keeps doing this, I don’t think asking her is a good idea
Original post by hallamstudents
She's probably confused herself if she keeps blocking and unblocking! Only way to find out is to (politely) ask her

Lucy
When she did follow u did u message her over whatever social media u are talking about?
We sent a lot of messages to each other, but it wasn’t always me messaging her first
Original post by Ben Stirling
When she did follow u did u message her over whatever social media u are talking about?
Original post by Anonymous
As she keeps doing this, I don’t think asking her is a good idea

Oh okay, best thing for you to do is probably stay away from her online but continue to be nice in person. Doesn't get any answers but at least things won't be icy between you two. Would you be able to find out why she's blocked you from a mutual friend? Also, just had a thought- could she have temporarily deactivated her social media accounts?

Lucy
Original post by Anonymous
We sent a lot of messages to each other, but it wasn’t always me messaging her first

Maybe you asked her questions that were a bit too personal or possibly I dont know if you put kisses and stuff at the end but maybe she felt you were starting to like her and she didn’t want to lead you on!
We are nice to each other at work and get on fine. She may unblock me in a couple of months like before.
Original post by hallamstudents
Oh okay, best thing for you to do is probably stay away from her online but continue to be nice in person. Doesn't get any answers but at least things won't be icy between you two. Would you be able to find out why she's blocked you from a mutual friend? Also, just had a thought- could she have temporarily deactivated her social media accounts?

Lucy
Just to give you all an update she has unblocked and added me again on social media

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending