The Student Room Group
Reply 1
sloaney87
Like the not the tube, but the british rail ones!
Whose the man :biggrin:

OMG...Thats shocking!!!
Reply 2
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
sloaney87

:eek:
sloaney87

Trains are alright. They're so much faster than buses, none of the problems of traffic jams and stuff.

Only problem is you have to wait longer, and they're sometimes really crowded.
Riigghhtt, how exciting. Lols.

I've actually only ever been on a train like...once. :biggrin:
Reply 6
SiAnY
Riigghhtt, how exciting. Lols.

I've actually only ever been on a train like...once. :biggrin:

Really?! I go on trains like every week. I take them to London or Reading if I want to go shopping all the time!
~Sam~
Really?! I go on trains like every week. I take them to London or Reading if I want to go shopping all the time!

Yep! Bus or car all the time for me. No train stations near me really.
Reply 8
SiAnY
Yep! Bus or car all the time for me. No train stations near me really.

There aren't any near me either. I have to take the bus to Slough station and then take a train from there to wherever I want to go. I'm sure my money could be put to better use!
Reply 9
thefish_uk
stuff.

Only problem is you have to wait longer, and they're sometimes really crowded.

Just got back from Rome, you don't know the meaning of the word crowded unless you have been on the metro there! Unbelievable!
Know what i do, me and my mate get on the train and get a free ride into the next town because its the next stop so it doesnt give the ticket man time to get to us to get our money. :tongue:
Reply 11
need_money
Know what i do, me and my mate get on the train and get a free ride into the next town because its the next stop so it doesnt give the ticket man time to get to us to get our money. :tongue:

i think a lot of people would do that if they had the opportunity :tongue:
mockel
i think a lot of people would do that if they had the opportunity :tongue:

yea we used to do that on our way to school in the mornings... used to get on the train and hope the inspector didn't come along so we'd have to pay. :tongue:

As for trains... I use them an awful lot. both national rail trains or the underground. its a quick way to get around. (generally anyway)
Oxford has barriers at the station. No ticket = can't get out.
ThePants999
Oxford has barriers at the station. No ticket = can't get out.

same for basingstoke station... however not the case at brentford or hounslow which are the stations i used when still in school... :tongue:

i'm pretty sure you can get out of euston without a ticket. and wolverhampton, crewe, northampton.... (yes, i use the train a lot :tongue: ) though when going long distances I always have a ticket. Actaually I always have a ticket anyway. for some reason though whenever I've gone half up up the country i.e. euston to crewe or something like that i've never seen an inspector....
Reply 15
Mmmm well until a few years ago neither Ellie or Phil had been on a bus... and in fact Jon had never been on a bus until this summer. To be fair we'd just bought an office chair... and carrying it all the way to donnington didn't appeal so we insisted he got on a bus!! :smile:
Reply 16
I use trains twice everyday...they're quite useful, but are jolly expensive!!
Reply 17
Hey that's cool. Train rides are fun and very scenic. I went on one for the first time ever this year.
ainat87
same for basingstoke station... however not the case at brentford or hounslow which are the stations i used when still in school... :tongue:

i'm pretty sure you can get out of euston without a ticket. and wolverhampton, crewe, northampton.... (yes, i use the train a lot :tongue: ) though when going long distances I always have a ticket. Actaually I always have a ticket anyway. for some reason though whenever I've gone half up up the country i.e. euston to crewe or something like that i've never seen an inspector....

I'm at Basingstoke station every single day to get to work! (In Winchester.)

Yeah......I seem to spend half my life in the train. In fact, I have spent about 6 hours on the train in the last 5 days, and that's almost typical.
Reply 19
sloaney87

a medals on its way to you

Latest

Trending

Trending