Channel 4 apologises for Jon Snow's "white people" remark Watch

z-hog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just a spasm from life in the office, where everything is put through a racial lens. There was a time when I was a regular of his but the news agenda began to narrow progressively into a more sociological and politicised editorial choice of topics, to a point that it made me swear at him one night and kiss him goodbye. He shouldn't have had that joint, didn't do him any good.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
No, I meant that it was probably just coincidence that there were so many white folks attending a far-right rally protesting against foreigners.
This was a brexit rally. Perhaps you're thinking of a different event.
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's the same whenever there is a national charity event, or royal celebration, but funny enough he doesn't mention that
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh my word, this offence and PC culture in the UK is beyond embarrassing now. We are the laughing stock of Europe (and that’s not even on the issue of Brexit) :rofl2:
Just my opinion
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Oh my word, this offence and PC culture in the UK is beyond embarrassing now. We are the laughing stock of Europe (and that’s not even on the issue of Brexit) :rofl2:
It's reached the point where even Canadians are laughing at us. 😁
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Are you saying Brexit is far right?
It was engineered by the political far-right, and mostly supported for far-right reasons. I thought that was common knowledge.
Are you saying that there are still people who are claiming that it isn't?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
This was a brexit rally.
That's what I said.
Laurence863
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
I think it was just an observation that the Leave camp is essentially populated by xenophobic Little Englanders.

In other news, BBC's religion correspondent apologises for calling the Pope "a Catholic".
tfw I guess the majority of the uk are "xenophobic little Englanders" then
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Laurence863)
Not the majority, no. Just the ones who still insist that Brexit must happen, regardless.
Remember that only 17 million voted Leave, and some of those only did so on the basis of lies like the Bus of Mendacity. The population of the UK is over 60 million.
Perhaps "majority" doesn't mean what you think it means?
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Laurence863)
'xenophobic' possibly, in some cases could be debatable. Idiotic, not debatable.

demanding uk pull out of its most lucrative trade agreement that other countries have be falling over themselves to negotiate themselves in because some fantasiful promises of ' sovereignty' and the good old days'.

if a company director suddenly decided to cut his biggest client and deliberalty sit through years of reduced income/possible insolvensy because of some self assured superiority complex- what else would you call it
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Not the majority, no. Just the ones who still insist that Brexit must happen, regardless.
Remember that only 17 million voted Leave, and some of those only did so on the basis of lies like the Bus of Mendacity. The population of the UK is over 60 million.
So the assumption is that the majority who didn't vote are made up of solely remain voters? I'm not aware of any solid data to suggest this but I'm open to hear of any.
(Original post by QE2)
It was engineered by the political far-right, and mostly supported for far-right reasons. I thought that was common knowledge.
Are you saying that there are still people who are claiming that it isn't?
What is a "Far right reason" and what has made you able to know the intentions behind every Leave vote?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if they do sack him at least he will have his Game of Thrones work to fall back on.

looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you include the 11 million children who are not allowed to vote and around 34% of adults who are allowed to vote and choose not to vote. Because the population being over 60 million does not mean a thing because it includes people who are not allowed to vote or choose not too.
(Original post by QE2)
username4280702
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's weird to me how they refer to him as Jon Snow, a fictional character, rather than Kit Harrington.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So the assumption is that the majority who didn't vote are made up of solely remain voters? I'm not aware of any solid data to suggest this but I'm open to hear of any.
We have no definite data an their preference, which is why I didn't refer to it.

What is a "Far right reason" and what has made you able to know the intentions behind every Leave vote?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What is a "Far right reason"
A dislike of foreigners.

and what has made you able to know the intentions behind every Leave vote?
Certainly every Leave voter who has attempted to explain their reasons. Once all their fallacious and nonsensical reasons have been stripped away, it is the only one to Remain.

Why did you vote Leave?
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
Are you include the 11 million children who are not allowed to vote and around 34% of adults who are allowed to vote and choose not to vote. Because the population being over 60 million does not mean a thing because it includes people who are not allowed to vote or choose not too.
The other person claimed that my comment about the attitude of Leavers therefore applied to "the majority of the country". I was merely pointing out that 17 million people is not "the majority of the country" in a country of over 60 million people.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
A dislike of foreigners.

Certainly every Leave voter who has attempted to explain their reasons. Once all their fallacious and nonsensical reasons have been stripped away, it is the only one to Remain.

Why did you vote Leave?
To get out of a political union masquerading as a trading market, with no democratic means of removing their leaders.

According to you that's disliking foreigners? I guess if you mean foreigners like Jean Claude juncker then yes i do.
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Probably not wrong, just stating a fact.
Justvisited
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
I was merely pointing out that 17 million people is not "the majority of the country" in a country of over 60 million people.
And in doing so, you have in your way committed the same type of mendacity as Snow's true culpa.

I'm amazed no one's mentioned it yet, since several tweets pointing it out appeared in the MSM soon after Snow's remark. The point about Snow is that he made this race-related comment only about the Leave march, when it could just as well have been made about the Remain march days earlier, or that "f*ck the Tories" Glastonbury Snow was at a couple of years ago, or (for that matter, as others pointed out), Snow's old boarding school or his bishop father's church, etc., etc.

In a similar way, you're now irrelevantly pointing out that 17 million isn't a majority of 60 million, when you never raised this point before about any other plebiscite in British history, not one of which achieved so many votes for any option on the ballot paper.

Get it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed