The Student Room Group

Vitamin D deficieny and extra time in GCSE exams

recently I had a blood test which showed that my vitamin D levels are extremely low and one symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency include being extremely tired which means I can lose concentration. would I be entitled to extra time in my GCSE exams?
Maybe but you need to get separately tested for it
Reply 2
mine is currently below 10nmol/L and we have such little time left for our exams
Reply 3
How would I get tested separately?

Original post by Teajackson
Maybe but you need to get separately tested for it
Original post by Anonymous
would I be entitled to extra time in my GCSE exams?

Nope. Nearly everyone's vit D levels are low in the UK at this time of year.
Everyone these days gets told they are vitamin d deficient. I think they are trying to give all the vitamin d tablets out
recently I had a blood test which showed that my vitamin D levels are extremely low and one symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency include being extremely tired which means I can lose concentration. would I be entitled to extra time in my GCSE exams?
How would I get tested separately?

You would need to ask your school for a test
Original post by Teajackson
You would need to ask your school for a test

Test for what?
Extra time
Test for what?
Reply 9

It's possible. Ask your school. Although a lot of people are deficient in vitamin D and function just fine, if you are getting significant symptoms you could still get extra time. You may need evidence like a doctors note that says you are being affected this way.

Quick Reply

Latest