Jeremy Corbyn declares Labour Party is ready to take power and rebuild Britain Watch

Poll: Would Jeremy Corbyn be a good PM?
Yes (25)
25%
No (75)
75%
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Jeremy Corbyn set out plans to rebuild Britain as he declared Labour is ready to win a general election – and lead us into Brexit and beyond.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...party-14215597

Discuss

(P.s. Vote in the poll )
ddsizebra
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol with diane Abbott? If so then we are doomed... plus jeremy is too weak to take the helm as PM and constantly making last minute change of opinions and actions builds mistrust among his supporters. He should be replaced... He's far too old and out of touch in terms with how to realistically solve problems financially and that brexit isn't just our main problem
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Welcome to JezWorld

Sunday Express 17/05/1987 p.1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaXkGwRX0AAYaV0.jpg
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
Jeremy Corbyn set out plans to rebuild Britain as he declared Labour is ready to win a general election – and lead us into Brexit and beyond.

Discuss

(P.s. Vote in the poll )
It might be a good government - if Jeremy could persuade more than just his favoured posse of hard-left MPs to be part of it. However, that would go against everything Trotsky and he stands for - therefore he won't. As for Jezza himself, even the smallest decisions take weeks or months of mental prevarication and 'consultations with the comrades' to come to a point, so we can expect a pretty slow moving government. There are some who argue that can be a good thing, but sometimes you need someone at the top who can (call me old fashioned) take a decision.
username3973192
Rep:
?
Wow, interesting results in the poll
username3973192
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
Welcome to JezWorld

Sunday Express 17/05/1987 p.1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaXkGwRX0AAYaV0.jpg
Is that actually a real article?

P.s. I'm not suggesting it isn't, just asking
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’d be worried if the leader of the opposition wasn’t saying they could take power,
A giant chicken
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Empty statement: one of the main jobs for an opposition party is to be ready to form a new government at all times, should an existing one fall.

Also I don't know why he would even want to become pm at this point considering his own party is divided over brexit....
username3973192
Rep:
?
(Original post by A giant chicken)
Empty statement: one of the main jobs for an opposition party is to be ready to form a new government at all times, should an existing one fall.

Also I don't know why he would even want to become pm at this point considering his own party is divided over brexit....
So are the conservatives
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is that actually a real article?

P.s. I'm not suggesting it isn't, just asking
I can answer that for you, it most certainly is, it's the kind of shite he used to get up to all the time.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Discuss

(P.s. Vote in the poll )
I think he will make an excellent PM. There would be more funding for local services, better NHS, no trident etc.

Unfortunately, people are afraid of Corbyn because they don't want him to raid their pockets with taxes. They are then pretending to be against him for other reasons.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I think he will make an excellent PM. There would be more funding for local services, better NHS, no trident etc.

Unfortunately, people are afraid of Corbyn because they don't want him to raid their pockets with taxes. They are then pretending to be against him for other reasons.
I am against his opposition to trident nor do I trust him to be able to react sufficiently robustly if our country needed him to.
What exactly am I pretending to not like?
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, he's wholly incompetent and inexperienced. I don't think he could organise a piss up in a brewery.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
I am against his opposition to trident nor do I trust him to be able to react sufficiently robustly if our country needed him to.
What exactly am I pretending to not like?
He is not the only MP that opposes trident. Also, the idea of him “reacting sufficiently robustly” is a bit silly. We have a full and robust defence system with several layers, Corbyn does not hold the key to the kingdom neither does Mrs May or other predecessors. Even where there is a clear need to respond, he would still need to get it approved by Parliament.

Let me put it another way. If Corbyn said today that he supports Trident and would launch nukes to bomb our “enemies”, would you still support him? If no, why?
Last edited by Wired_1800; 1 month ago
username3973192
Rep:
?
I can answer that for you, it most certainly is, it's the kind of shite he used to get up to all the time.
Thanks for the confirmation
ChrisChristian
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Rebuild Britain, yeahh that’s a good joke
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He is not the only MP that opposes trident. Also, the idea of him “reacting sufficiently robustly” is a bit silly. We have a full and robust defence system with several layers, Corbyn does not hold the key to the kingdom neither does Mrs May or other predecessors. Even where there is a clear need to respond, he would still need to get it approved by Parliament.

Let me put it another way. If Corbyn said today that he supports Trident and would launch nukes to bomb our “enemies”, would you still support him? If no, why?
So our national security is not a big enough issue for you.
Okay I find his attitude towards our war dead abhorrent, I find his attitude to the IRA, hesbolah and other terrorist organisations abhorrent, I found his lack of backbone during the referendum when he should have stood by his principles and admitted that he's a leaver cowardly.
I could not give the slightest **** about what he would tax the rich because I am totally the opposite end of the scale
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And today I reveal that I am also ready and willing to take power.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So our national security is not a big enough issue for you.
Okay I find his attitude towards our war dead abhorrent, I find his attitude to the IRA, hesbolah and other terrorist organisations abhorrent, I found his lack of backbone during the referendum when he should have stood by his principles and admitted that he's a leaver cowardly.
I could not give the slightest **** about what he would tax the rich because I am totally the opposite end of the scale
Of course not. National security remains a top priority to me. I was saying that national security is not only delivered by the Prime Minister. They have a cabinet and Parliament. In a situation where the PM refuses to act, there are other ways to respond without them.

His attitude to many of the groups that you mentioned were shared with many other people. He has been in favour of peace and reconciliation even before the Government at the time took it as their official policy.

Corbyn was a leader of a Party that was split, just like the Tories. His official position was to remain neutral. He is attacked if he does one thing and dismissed if he takes a separate option.

Maybe not you, but there are many people who are afraid of a Corbyn Govt because of the tax raids. I have heard those arguments with people who secretly agree that they dont want to pay so much in tax.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Of course not. National security remains a top priority to me. I was saying that national security is not only delivered by the Prime Minister. They have a cabinet and Parliament. In a situation where the PM refuses to act, there are other ways to respond without them.

His attitude to many of the groups that you mentioned were shared with many other people. He has been in favour of peace and reconciliation even before the Government at the time took it as their official policy.

Corbyn was a leader of a Party that was split, just like the Tories. His official position was to remain neutral. He is attacked if he does one thing and dismissed if he takes a separate option.

Maybe not you, but there are many people who are afraid of a Corbyn Govt because of the tax raids. I have heard those arguments with people who secretly agree that they dont want to pay so much in tax.
Then you need to amend your comment in post #11, it should read some people are afraid of Corbyn and so on, because there are other perfectly valid reasons for not wanting Corbyn to be PM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (135)
24.91%
The paper was reasonable (240)
44.28%
Not feeling great about that exam (104)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.62%

Watched Threads