University of Edinburgh Modern Foreign Language Applicants Watch

jakewatson1404
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello! I thought I'd create a thread to try and find some people who will be starting language or joint honour language courses in September 2019 at Edinburgh.

I will be studying French and English Literature.
lucyelinxr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm hopefully doing French and English lit too! Currently looking at accommodation ...
jakewatson1404
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ahh cool. I’ve already submitted my accommodation application. Where are you thinking about staying? I chose a John Burnett House, Chancellors Court and Holland House, all at Pollock Halls 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lucyelinxr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not sure yet, definitely self catered though, so not any of those ahah
(Original post by jakewatson1404)
Ahh cool. I’ve already submitted my accommodation application. Where are you thinking about staying? I chose a John Burnett House, Chancellors Court and Holland House, all at Pollock Halls 😊
lily_iv
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello! I am going to study Scottish Literature (which shares lectures with English Literature) in September 2019! And I am staying at Chancellor's Court
GleekingGeek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I'm going to study Celtic & Linguistics ! Waiting for an accomodation offer...
lily_iv
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am going to study Linguistics too!
(Original post by GleekingGeek)
Hey! I'm going to study Celtic & Linguistics ! Waiting for an accomodation offer...
GleekingGeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Awesome! And Scottish lit sounds really cool too. Any idea what you d like to do with that degree?
(Original post by lily_iv)
I am going to study Linguistics too!
lily_iv
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am going to study a mix of linguistics, literature and scottish culture, as I am an Erasmus student, and those courses are the most similar to what I am studying - it is called English Studies. And I can be an English teacher, or work as a researcher, or editor... There are plenty of possibilities!! And you? what are your plans?
Awesome! And Scottish lit sounds really cool too. Any idea what you d like to do with that degree?
GleekingGeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd like to go into academics and eventually become a lecturer. I also want to be active in the revival of Celtic languages.
(Original post by lily_iv)
I am going to study a mix of linguistics, literature and scottish culture, as I am an Erasmus student, and those courses are the most similar to what I am studying - it is called English Studies. And I can be an English teacher, or work as a researcher, or editor... There are plenty of possibilities!! And you? what are your plans?
lily_iv
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That is soooo cool!!!
I'd like to go into academics and eventually become a lecturer. I also want to be active in the revival of Celtic languages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads