Watch
hellogeorgia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah same very suprised as well haha
(Original post by Megank137)
Hey! I got an email on Monday saying I passed EAC (so surprised but really happy!) and we would get postings in the next 2 weeks ish. Anyone else in the same boat?
username4682222
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Exciting!! What department are you hoping for?
(Original post by hellogeorgia)
yeah same very suprised as well haha
hellogeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my top favourites are cabinet office or home office but anywhere in London would be cool. I'm really hoping its in London because thats where I'm from! you?
Exciting!! What department are you hoping for?
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sounds good!! Yeah my top preferences were Home Office and DWP, but similar to you I'm just hoping for anywhere in London at the end of the day! Not sure what the regional/london split is like for assistant economists, do you have any idea?
my top favourites are cabinet office or home office but anywhere in London would be cool. I'm really hoping its in London because thats where I'm from! you?
hellogeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't really know but on the form it said it can't guarantee everyone will be in London as theres a lot of vacancies around the country but I'm just hoping there's enough London spaces!! Did your email say you will hear about department allocation in 2 weeks?
Sounds good!! Yeah my top preferences were Home Office and DWP, but similar to you I'm just hoping for anywhere in London at the end of the day! Not sure what the regional/london split is like for assistant economists, do you have any idea?
Ben Grant
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats! I got an email on Tuesday I passed as well and will find out about posting within few weeks. I think it will likely to be at your 1st or 2nd choice on the application form we had to submit at the start.
jpcb1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! Congratulations how long after you EAC was this?
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My eac was on the Tuesday and I heard back the Monday evening! Hope that helps

(Original post by jpcb1234)
Hi! Congratulations how long after you EAC was this?
Hope58
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone who completed their AC at the end of last week heard back yet? Mine was last Thursday and I still haven't heard from them yet, so I'm a little worried!
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just got virtually the same email again telling me I was successful. Does this mean another 2 weeks to wait? Anyone else had the same??
hellogeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I had the same and was wondering the same thing. I got my original acceptance email 2 weeks ago on monday so thought maybe might hear about department allocations this monday... now not sure
I just got virtually the same email again telling me I was successful. Does this mean another 2 weeks to wait? Anyone else had the same??
blindllama
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also got the same email today, was expecting to get my posting yesterday. Hoping to not have to wait another two weeks, have emailed asking.
Yeah I had the same and was wondering the same thing. I got my original acceptance email 2 weeks ago on monday so thought maybe might hear about department allocations this monday... now not sure
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah great I was just about to email them. Please could you let us know when you get a response?
(Original post by blindllama)
Also got the same email today, was expecting to get my posting yesterday. Hoping to not have to wait another two weeks, have emailed asking.
blindllama
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, will do
hellogeorgia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too!
Just received my email with provisional department allocation to the home office! Hoping it'll be London 🤞
steve98900
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone else still not heard back?
Kbach234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For those with ***Provisional department allocation***. Have any of you been contacted by the Department for further details regarding start date and salary?
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kbach234)
For those with ***Provisional department allocation***. Have any of you been contacted by the Department for further details regarding start date and salary?
No, I haven't yet!!
username4682222
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too!
Yay! Congrats 🎉 exciting!
Kbach234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I usually seem to have received GES updates slightly earlier than others on this forum, so I'll update you guys when I hear back. Super excited for this!
No, I haven't yet!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (60)
19.17%
Virtual accommodation tour (43)
13.74%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.11%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.96%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.51%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
22.36%
Speak to current students studying my course (66)
21.09%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.15%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.83%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.56%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.92%

Watched Threads