Want more information about this university?
Vidiatt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
On a scale of 1-10 how good if this university for international students?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Vidiatt)
On a scale of 1-10 how good if this university for international students?
Hello Vidiatt
How are you?
I asked one of our International Students to help with your question. She's a second year Hospitality and Business Management BA(Hons) student who is from Bangladesh, and she explained:
“9. The tutors are very helpful. You can pop into their offices if you are struggling with their respective modules and they will happily help you along the way with your assignments. Along side that, there is also the Learning Development Department especially for the international students to help cope with the changes in structure here. Moreover, the disability and mental health centre is very friendly and co-operative. They can help one to overcome culture shock or homesickness if required. Knowing that they exist gives you a peace of mind, that no matter what you will always have someone to talk to. There is a range of international student societies, where students get the chance to mingle with people from their own nationalities along with others. It is a great way to showcase your own culture as well as understand about the different kinds of cultures that surround us as there are plenty of free events hosted by the international office.”
If you have any additional questions, please let me know - Sanjida has said she's happy to help!
I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Harriette
Vidiatt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much, that was comforting and helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.26%
I'm not sure (2)
1.74%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (34)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (55)
47.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise