Calling all biology A-level student!! (Year 13)

Watch this thread
username3895014
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Have you covered all the content? If not, how much do you have left? If yes, have you started revising? (Is it in-depth revision or are you still getting to understand the content?)

I’m REALLY struggling tbh, we haven’t finished everything yet (just 5.2 (excretion/kidneys) left two do, we’re doing OCR) we expect to finish everything this week. I’m literally only confident in a few topics (nucleotides, homeostasis, osmoregulation, ecosystem and ecology). Everything else is a blur and I feel like I’ve left it too late.

If you have any revision tips and know how to condense notes (specifically to the spec), help a girl outttttt and let me know, hopefully others can find use in them as well, thank you!!! You got this!! I definitely haven’t, but you will have!!
Last edited by username3895014; 3 years ago
_victoria
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Loool same . We haven’t finished all the content
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by _victoria)
Loool same . We haven’t finished all the content
😭What exam board are you doing? Feel like I’m the only one in my class stressing lol
bioguurll
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
we have finished the content, so now in lesson we pick subject were not confident in and our teacher teaches it to us in depth. I feel like for me the best way to revise biology is reading a paragraph on a page, shut the book and recall everything you have remembered on paper. I also recommend making your own notes and do past paper questions
_victoria
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wooord)
😭What exam board are you doing? Feel like I’m the only one in my class stressing lol
OCR 😭
dx31
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
We are on animal and plant hormones but almost finished... but same with me like I don’t remember half the spec either it’s a blur LOL
_victoria
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The thing that p*sses me off about ocr biology is that the questions are just application questions. Oh can memorise the spec but if you can’t apply it to the question , forget it 💔💔😭
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by bioguurll)
we have finished the content, so now in lesson we pick subject were not confident in and our teacher teaches it to us in depth. I feel like for me the best way to revise biology is reading a paragraph on a page, shut the book and recall everything you have remembered on paper. I also recommend making your own notes and do past paper questions
That’s what I do when I try to revise for in-class assessments and mocks, seems to help me memorize the content but doesn’t help so much with applying the knowledge, so I use past papers if I can. Thanks )
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by dx31)
We are on animal and plant hormones but almost finished... but same with me like I don’t remember half the spec either it’s a blur LOL
Exactly 😓 feel like there’s not enough time left for me to re-learn it all!!

(Original post by _victoria)
The thing that p*sses me off about ocr biology is that the questions are just application questions. Oh can memorise the spec but if you can’t apply it to the question , forget it 💔💔😭
Yes!!! This!! So annoying, I can remember a chapter for an assessment but still not be able to answer the questions properly
HappyMedic2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
We finished
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by HappyMedic2001)
We finished
Have you been revising the content? I wish we finished at the beginning of March
username3895014
Rep:
PS: Allow the missing ‘s’ in the title, my life is in shambles ✌🏽🥰🥰🦋💕🥳🌈
Last edited by username3895014; 3 years ago
Megxn0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
PS: Allow the missing ‘s’ in the title, my life is in shambles ✌🏽🥰🥰🦋💕🥳🌈
😂 if it helps, I didn’t even notice
username3895014
Rep:
Bump
dx31
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Revising the content currently... it’s taking ages :// wbu
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by dx31)
Revising the content currently... it’s taking ages :// wbu
Still attempting to revise the content I’m finding it hard to focus tbh but I wanted to get past papers done in this half term, idk how likely that is now though!
dx31
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Still attempting to revise the content I’m finding it hard to focus tbh but I wanted to get past papers done in this half term, idk how likely that is now though!
When is your bio exam? And so did I but just try to get as much content done. We’ve still got a lot of time when we get back to do past papers, don’t worry
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by dx31)
When is your bio exam? And so did I but just try to get as much content done. We’ve still got a lot of time when we get back to do past papers, don’t worry
Paper 1: 6th June
Paper 2: 13th June
Paper 3: 17th June
Yeah we have time, but I still only fully understand like 5/6 topics
dx31
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Paper 1: 6th June
Paper 2: 13th June
Paper 3: 17th June
Yeah we have time, but I still only fully understand like 5/6 topics
Same!! Are you ocr? What board for chem? And yeah I think try your best to understand the concepts thoroughly rather than rushing into past papers which you can always do later
username3895014
Rep:
(Original post by dx31)
Same!! Are you ocr? What board for chem? And yeah I think try your best to understand the concepts thoroughly rather than rushing into past papers which you can always do later
Yep, ocr !! And I don’t do chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (79)
67.52%
In the post (5)
4.27%
Text (15)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (18)
15.38%

Watched Threads