Entry Year 1 in Biological Sciences with Foundation Year

Watch
vferreira
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

I am in the middle of a particular situation that I need some advice from you.

Previously, I started my studies in Business and Tourism, when I realise was not for me and I made my first transfer of University.

I changed to London Metropolitan, and at the moment, I am finishing my Foundation Year (level 3) in Biological Sciences Extended Degree (4year course). The modules offered for the next year are not much of my interest, therefore I would like to change to Biological Sciences in Westminster University.

Although, and as I didn't knew the previous year study rules from SFE, the only option for me to have my 3 remaining years of study funded is to move to same course (Biological Sciences) with the same length (4year).

Considering this do you accept a entry in Year 1 (level 4) in your course of Biological Sciences with Foundation Year?

Many thanks
Uni of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vferreira)
Hi there,

I am in the middle of a particular situation that I need some advice from you.

Previously, I started my studies in Business and Tourism, when I realise was not for me and I made my first transfer of University.

I changed to London Metropolitan, and at the moment, I am finishing my Foundation Year (level 3) in Biological Sciences Extended Degree (4year course). The modules offered for the next year are not much of my interest, therefore I would like to change to Biological Sciences in Westminster University.

Although, and as I didn't knew the previous year study rules from SFE, the only option for me to have my 3 remaining years of study funded is to move to same course (Biological Sciences) with the same length (4year).

Considering this do you accept a entry in Year 1 (level 4) in your course of Biological Sciences with Foundation Year?

Many thanks
Hi there

The University of Westminster will consider your application to study Biological Science for Year 1 entry and you can submit an application through UCAS for entry point 1. You will need to pass your Foundation Year at London Met and pass with 55%-60% overall.

We look forward to receiving your application.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
vferreira
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Actually I have applied to your university through UCAS, I got the conditional offer for 60%, but instead was offered yours course of Biological Sciences 3year.

Yesterday when I spoke to your admissions team, was told to me that was not possible to consider my situation, so that's why I am confused!

I have the offer for 3year course in UCAS at the moment...how should I proceed?
Uni of Westminster
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vferreira)
Actually I have applied to your university through UCAS, I got the conditional offer for 60%, but instead was offered yours course of Biological Sciences 3year.

Yesterday when I spoke to your admissions team, was told to me that was not possible to consider my situation, so that's why I am confused!

I have the offer for 3year course in UCAS at the moment...how should I proceed?
Hi there

You don't need to study a foundation year if you meet the entry criteria for the degree. Your Level 3 Foundation Year at London Met makes you eligible for the 3 year bachelor degree.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Uni of Westminster
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by University of Westminster)
Hi there

You don't need to study a foundation year if you meet the entry criteria for the degree. Your Level 3 Foundation Year at London Met makes you eligible for the 3 year bachelor degree.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Hi there

Following up on this issue, I would recommend you speak with Debbie Stone in the Admissions Team who will explain your offer from Westminster. The number is 0207 911 5000.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
27%
No - I have already returned home (37)
12.33%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.33%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.33%

Watched Threads