Reflighted Watch

ChocsAway1966
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My friend is at RAF Halton - he & some others have been "reflighted " i.e back three weeks to the next flight which I suppose is standard procedure for failing a test or tests. The recruits have to retake all the subsequent tests from that date even though they have passed them. What concerns me though are rumours that some recruits have actually been "reflighted" back to day 18 from day 63 for failing an inspection on a very minor item(s) - the fact that this can happen makes me wonder if the whole process is really worthwhile. Has anyone heard of anything similar?
AlphaTango
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ChocsAway1966)
My friend is at RAF Halton - he & some others have been "reflighted " i.e back three weeks to the next flight which I suppose is standard procedure for failing a test or tests. The recruits have to retake all the subsequent tests from that date even though they have passed them. What concerns me though are rumours that some recruits have actually been "reflighted" back to day 18 from day 63 for failing an inspection on a very minor item(s) - the fact that this can happen makes me wonder if the whole process is really worthwhile. Has anyone heard of anything similar?
Being recoursed is frequent throughout all RAF trg for anyone who has not met the required standard in any part of their course. The amount of time they are put back is assessed by directing staff on an individual basis.
Surnia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is it a worthwhile process to go through a selection and training system where you might get knocked back to have a career with great opportunities that you've maybe always wanted to do? Absolutely!

You don't learn to take care of particulars and in future you don't look after your weapon properly and it doesn't fire when you need it to; you don't check paperwork properly whilst loading pallets onto an aircraft and make it too heavy to fly safely; you take a shortcut and don't use the correct screws to secure an aircraft panel and it comes off in flight. The training environment is exactly the place for people to learn that actions have consequences before they carry poor habits forward. Recruits know what they are signing up to, they know that they or their colleagues failing can impact on their whole flight. Reflighting happens, but plenty get through first time because they understand teamwork and attention to detail.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi

Yes, people can be reflighted for a number of different reasons. You can see people talking about it in the Halton video diaries here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...4FE915BF943C59

Although, there's never a 'minor' thing that will cause a major reflight, there will be many smaller reasons or something major (injury etc).

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Schleigg
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I didn't get on with basic training and I got reflighted twice. That was 12 years ago, and guess what: nobody cares, most of all me.

The idea of stumbling on your journey onwards and not just sailing through shouldn't put you off. Just take on board the advice that you are given and you'll get there in the end.
ChocsAway1966
Rep:
?
How long where there for &,(if you don't mind me asking) what did you get reflighted for? Do you think recruits should be asked to retake the tests etc that they have already passed?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How long where there for &,(if you don't mind me asking) what did you get reflighted for? Do you think recruits should be asked to retake the tests etc that they have already passed?
If they've already passed, then they can pass again without problem - and can demonstrate their leadership potential by helping their fellow recruits through the same hurdles. It's not a big drama.

I got reflighted twice during IOT (1x injury, 1x performance related), and while I hated it at the time, it couldn't matter less in the grand scheme of things.
ChocsAway1966
Rep:
?
Didn't realise you are an Officer - Thank You Sir.
ryan9900
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
As said above, being reflighted or recoursed is never an issue. It means nothing once you've graduated or passed whatever course it is. I scraped through basic training, did well in phase 2 training, even better in phase 3 but then I got recoursed from a technical aircraft-specific course which set me back about 4 weeks. I'd been in the RAF over 3 years at that point and it's still possible to get recoursed. You'll get some stick for it off your mates but a few months later, nobody remembers it. It won't affect you in any way if you don't let it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.6%
The paper was reasonable (1165)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (461)
21.59%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.24%

Watched Threads