The Student Room Group

New Look Assessment Centre/Interview

I applied for a job as a Sales Advisor at New Look and I have been invited to an Assessment Centre in store this Friday. I am just curious if anyone else has done one of these and what it entails because I have no idea what to expect. I am assuming it will be more than just a basic interview as it's called an "Assessment Centre".

I also need help on what to wear. As it is a fashion store, I'm not sure if I should just wear what I usually wear to interviews (smart shirt + trousers) or go with something a little more "fashion-forward". (I'm a guy btw)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Bump
Original post by jasontesfaye
I applied for a job as a Sales Advisor at New Look and I have been invited to an Assessment Centre in store this Friday. I am just curious if anyone else has done one of these and what it entails because I have no idea what to expect. I am assuming it will be more than just a basic interview as it's called an "Assessment Centre".

I also need help on what to wear. As it is a fashion store, I'm not sure if I should just wear what I usually wear to interviews (smart shirt + trousers) or go with something a little more "fashion-forward". (I'm a guy btw)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No it's not a 'basic' interview.
It will be a group interview where they will ask you to form an outfit for a person of their choice (usually a celebrity) in a group of possible 3-5 other people. Then follow that, they will get you to explain why you've chosen those outfits.
The Manager(s) will get clothes from the shop floor and you have pick which items will suit that person.
If you pass that stage, they will invite you to have an individual 1:1 interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending