Should i withdraw my application to my other university choices? Watch

Miss_Colly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So i have an offer from my first choice and applications for accomodation opened today. Im going to be studying nursing and theres reallly only a choice of 2 halls due to the length of the course. I cant register for accomodation till i firm my choice but i cant do that yet as i have an interview for my insurance choice in may and one university im yet to have a response from. My first choice offer will be the lowest offer i get so i dont really have the need for an insurance as if i didnt meet the offer for my 1st choice i wouldnt meet the offer for my insurance.
Anyway im worried if i wait till i have decisions from all my choices i will miss out on my first choice accomodation. I dont know if accomodation is a big deal to most people but its a choice between living with 11 other people sharing bathrooms in one accomodation or 3 in the other with an ensuite. I dont think i could cope living with 11 people as an introvert who lives on their own atm i really really want to get in to the small cluster flats. Long story short should i withdraw my application to the other universities so i can firm my 1st choice offer and apply for accomodation?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Miss_Colly)
So i have an offer from my first choice and applications for accomodation opened today. Im going to be studying nursing and theres reallly only a choice of 2 halls due to the length of the course. I cant register for accomodation till i firm my choice but i cant do that yet as i have an interview for my insurance choice in may and one university im yet to have a response from. My first choice offer will be the lowest offer i get so i dont really have the need for an insurance as if i didnt meet the offer for my 1st choice i wouldnt meet the offer for my insurance.
Anyway im worried if i wait till i have decisions from all my choices i will miss out on my first choice accomodation. I dont know if accomodation is a big deal to most people but its a choice between living with 11 other people sharing bathrooms in one accomodation or 3 in the other with an ensuite. I dont think i could cope living with 11 people as an introvert who lives on their own atm i really really want to get in to the small cluster flats. Long story short should i withdraw my application to the other universities so i can firm my 1st choice offer and apply for accomodation?
If you're certain it's your lowest offer then i don't see why not. Remember private accommodation is always an option as a back up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.45%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.32%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.06%
It might lead to more bullying (58)
37.42%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.74%

Watched Threads