The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

University Of Exeter Or University of Sussex?

Hi Guys, I’m torn between UoExeter and Sussex to study Law with Business, can someone who knows about either please help!?
I’m a black african from London and I’ve heard Exeter is not diverse at all, but they have a really good reputation? Exeter is also veryyy far from London, whereas Sussex isn’t?
Honesty it’s wherever you feel like you would rather go! MAKE SURE you visit both! Visit both, ask questions, look at accommodation, go around the place outside of the uni & see which you order! Try not to just go off others opinions! It’s yours that matters most!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hi,
If you want to enter the legal or business profession, reputation has great importance. If you go to Exeter, you’ll have a decent chance at good law firms or perhaps firms related to business (eg. Consulting, brokerage and do on...).

If truth be told, Sussex does not come nowhere near close to the reparation of Exeter.

But do what you feel is best. Go with your gut feeling.
Reply 3
Original post by nana_1
Hi Guys, I’m torn between UoExeter and Sussex to study Law with Business, can someone who knows about either please help!?
I’m a black african from London and I’ve heard Exeter is not diverse at all, but they have a really good reputation? Exeter is also veryyy far from London, whereas Sussex isn’t?

Well if you and all the black Africans never go there, it'll never be diverse will it? Two very good universities but Exeter by far, is the winner. It is an excellent university and for Law, I would definitely go there.
Reply 4
Original post by Ben Stirling
Honesty it’s wherever you feel like you would rather go! MAKE SURE you visit both! Visit both, ask questions, look at accommodation, go around the place outside of the uni & see which you order! Try not to just go off others opinions! It’s yours that matters most!

Thank you so much Ben, that is definitely the right mentality I should have to be fair. It’s much appreciated.
Reply 5
Original post by TheGoodStudent
Hi,
If you want to enter the legal or business profession, reputation has great importance. If you go to Exeter, you’ll have a decent chance at good law firms or perhaps firms related to business (eg. Consulting, brokerage and do on...).

If truth be told, Sussex does not come nowhere near close to the reparation of Exeter.

But do what you feel is best. Go with your gut feeling.

This has made me take things into deep consideration. That response was ever so helpful, thank you ever so much!
Reply 6
Original post by Rugbee
Well if you and all the black Africans never go there, it'll never be diverse will it? Two very good universities but Exeter by far, is the winner. It is an excellent university and for Law, I would definitely go there.

That is extremely true, fair point. Thank you so much for the help, I will definitely take that into consideration. Thank youuuu
Hi,

I have a similar question. I've read several forums about Uni of Exeter being full of really snobby, posh and quite rude and racist people. I'm sure that is not the case for the whole of the uni as that's going to be exaggerated and may be a small %. I was pretty set on putting Exeter down as my firm until I dived into this hole of all these negative vids and forums. I'm a brit south asian and idk would like to maybe be in a diverse and cultural uni u know. im more worried about like i guess the racist and snobby comments. I applied for econ and finance BSC and am now doubting my firm choice. Choosing between exeter and southampton.

I've applied to the two for Ecology and Conservation, ended up firming Exeter and insuring Sussex. I visited both of them, and find them really nice. Didn't encounter any snobbishness, but it's true Exeter at least (Penryn campus, not sure where you're headed?) seems mostly white. From what I've heard, Exeter is above Sussex for law though.
Reply 9
I know at least nine black people and adding you guys makes eleven, who have not firmed or applied to Exeter because its not diverse. Eleven people who could have made it more diverse. You're just doing the racists job for them, you know that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending