The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Camberwell 2019

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys! Well done everyone on their offers to study at UAL Camberwell! My name is Zoe and I am a current student at camberwell, where I am studying MA Printmaking! If anyone has any questions about courses, the university, area of camberwell or whats it like as a Camberwell student I will be more than happy to help! Zoe :smile:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by veritywoolley
hiya, I've accepted my offer for painting at camberwell ! does anyone know if there is a group chat anyone of people going? also my Instagram is @veritywoolley :smile:

Hey guys! Well done everyone on their offers to study at UAL Camberwell! My name is Zoe and I am a current student at Camberwell, where I am studying MA Printmaking! If anyone has any questions about courses, the university, area of Camberwell or whats it like as a Camberwell student I will be more than happy to help!

Zoe, Student Rep
MA Printmaking (Camberwell)
Reply 82
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hey guys! Well done everyone on their offers to study at UAL Camberwell! My name is Zoe and I am a current student at Camberwell, where I am studying MA Printmaking! If anyone has any questions about courses, the university, area of Camberwell or whats it like as a Camberwell student I will be more than happy to help!

Zoe, Student Rep
MA Printmaking (Camberwell)

Hey Zoe! I'll be studying BA Illustration starting this year, and I just got an accommodation offer, but the hall is really far from Camberwell so I'm trying to decide whether to accept it or find private accommodation based on how long transport would take. Having a timetable would be super helpful cause if I know I won't have any early morning classes I'd accept the offer. Is there any place I could access a sample timetable?
Original post by Fruzs_M
Hey Zoe! I'll be studying BA Illustration starting this year, and I just got an accommodation offer, but the hall is really far from Camberwell so I'm trying to decide whether to accept it or find private accommodation based on how long transport would take. Having a timetable would be super helpful cause if I know I won't have any early morning classes I'd accept the offer. Is there any place I could access a sample timetable?

Hiya I’m in the same posititon also studying illustration! If you decide to rent privately or work out what you’re doing please lmk :-) I was offered a place at Emily Bowes.
Reply 84
Hi I’m also in the same situation, I’ll be studying ba graphic design and just got placed in furzedown student village in tooting which is an hour commute :frown: I’m considering renting privately (depends how much it is) if you are too please let me know !
Original post by Fruzs_M

Original post by Izzythestudent
Hiya I’m in the same posititon also studying illustration! If you decide to rent privately or work out what you’re doing please lmk :-) I was offered a place at Emily Bowes.
Reply 85
Same, I also got Emily Bowes. They say its a nice area but the actual hall has mixed reviews.
Original post by Fruzs_M
Same, I also got Emily Bowes. They say its a nice area but the actual hall has mixed reviews.

Yeah it’s just way too far out for me. Have you declined yet? I’m not sure if to decline you have to call them up or just ignore the offer
Reply 87
There's a FAQs for accommodation (https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/accommodation/accommodation-faqs#cancel) but it doesn't say how to decline an offer. I think you just don't do the further steps of confirmation.
Yeah it’s just way too far out for me. Have you declined yet? I’m not sure if to decline you have to call them up or just ignore the offer
Reply 88
My offer was Furzedown Student village aswell! I don't really know what to do either lol going to look at some private uni accommodation with the help of my sister but I feel like its gunna be really expensive :/
Original post by Kos_
Hi I’m also in the same situation, I’ll be studying ba graphic design and just got placed in furzedown student village in tooting which is an hour commute :frown: I’m considering renting privately (depends how much it is) if you are too please let me know !
Original post by elljmie
My offer was Furzedown Student village aswell! I don't really know what to do either lol going to look at some private uni accommodation with the help of my sister but I feel like its gunna be really expensive :/

I’ve been placed in furzedown student village too😬 over an hour commute at some points in the day🤦🏼*♀️
Original post by Fruzs_M
There's a FAQs for accommodation (https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/accommodation/accommodation-faqs#cancel) but it doesn't say how to decline an offer. I think you just don't do the further steps of confirmation.

I’ve ended up getting private accommodation at Landale House
Reply 91
Original post by Lyd_arty
I’ve been placed in furzedown student village too😬 over an hour commute at some points in the day🤦🏼*♀️

I know :/ I might end up just accepting it bc its so cheap compared to other options (need to decide soon lol) and also thinking about it I already spend an hour getting to my Art Foundation everyday, just trying to figure out whats best! Also do u have an art instagram?
I’m starting Fine Art: Photography in sept... anyone else ??
Hi guys I’ve just got my results so now know I’m officially going camberwell in September for fine art drawing🎉
Original post by Lyd_arty
Hi guys I’ve just got my results so now know I’m officially going camberwell in September for fine art drawing🎉

Yayy congrats!! I’m just waiting for my Foundation Certificate then I’ll officially be going too :biggrin:
Anyone doing Get Ready 2019 for The Fine Art courses? It’s the 4-days of workshops 9th-12th of September and I’d love to find others who are taking part!!
[QUOTE="buzzlightyear27;84315534"]Anyone doing Get Ready 2019 for The Fine Art courses? It’s the 4-days of workshops 9th-12th of September and I’d love to find others who are taking part!![/QUOTE

Is it an invite thing? Or what is it?
[QUOTE="Lyd_arty;84315686"]
Original post by buzzlightyear27
Anyone doing Get Ready 2019 for The Fine Art courses? It’s the 4-days of workshops 9th-12th of September and I’d love to find others who are taking part!![/QUOTE

Is it an invite thing? Or what is it?

I got an email about it. Not sure if they’ve sent it to everyone starting one of the Fine Art courses at Camberwell? I’ve attached the email I got E6CA70C6-C216-478E-86CA-45CEDDCC2750.jpg.jpeg
Reply 98
Hey guys,

anyone know anything about Fresher's week? I know it's relatively early but I haven't received any info about it. Also is there a Facebook group for new students at Camberwell?
Original post by Fruzs_M
Hey guys,

anyone know anything about Fresher's week? I know it's relatively early but I haven't received any info about it. Also is there a Facebook group for new students at Camberwell?

Hiya!

Hope you're well and excited to start uni!

I've found a couple of events on the UAL SU' page: https://www.arts-su.com/freshers2019 and a Facebook group for the Camberwell community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CamberwellArts/

Advice for everyone: make the most of this week! Take part in activities and don't be shy - go and speak with other Freshers (easier said than done I know..!) but just think that the other person is in the same situation as you and that they're probably also struggling to find a way to start a conversation. It might be stressful for some of you to start university, and for many of you to be in a new city, but everything is going to go well :h:

Hope this helps and if you have any questions please let me know!
Céline
Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending