The Student Room Group

What to do about Uni??

So, I've been at college for (nearly) the last two years and applied to a few places at uni and other colleges to further my degree. I've applied and got an offer from a course in my city, however its only one year with no honours and not the best facilities. The other two courses I applied for are in Glasgow. One is a film course and the other, photography. Ive got an unconditional to the film course however, don't think I want to go there. My heart is set on the photography course but I haven't heard anything back from them yet and my interview was three weeks ago. Now I'm really stuck, because if I don't get into that course, as much as I want to move away, I don't think it'd be right taking the film course as it just doesn't feel right for me. However, the course at home just isn't half as good as the other one in Glasgow, so I don't really want to go there either, although I feel I might not have a choice.
Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions to share about the whole thing? if I dont get into the photography course in Glasgow I feel like im not going to enjoy the next two years or i'll regret going to one of the courses I have already as I really dont like them.
Reply 1
Is the Unconditional offer at the same University? Or is there scope to ask to switch to another course at the same institution?

Try to stay positive that you will get the course you want in the mean time!
Reply 2
No they're at completely different colleges so wouldn't be an option. Im really trying to and I think my interview went well but im just so nervous that I won't get in as there are 75 applicants to the 18-20 space course!!!
Original post by Molseh
Is the Unconditional offer at the same University? Or is there scope to ask to switch to another course at the same institution?

Try to stay positive that you will get the course you want in the mean time!
Reply 3
Is there a course you would enjoy at the Uni that gave you an unconditional? If so you could enquire about switching, always a chance they will consider it.

Fingers Crossed!
Original post by LauraJ_B
No they're at completely different colleges so wouldn't be an option.
Reply 4
Sadly not, they only do a few courses and none of them are photography. And the one im offered in my city is photography but a crap uni :/
Original post by Molseh
Is there a course you would enjoy at the Uni that gave you an unconditional? If so you could enquire about switching, always a chance they will consider it.

Fingers Crossed!
Once you get into a uni, you don’t need to do the course you get in on - if you want to go to Glasgow, get in on the film course, and if the photography course has spaces they might let you on...
Reply 6
I know, I did think about this but they are two different colleges and the one ive got an offer from doesn't do photography and only has a few other courses as its a private college. (another reason I dont think I should go is money since its private)
Original post by Diamond22
Once you get into a uni, you don’t need to do the course you get in on - if you want to go to Glasgow, get in on the film course, and if the photography course has spaces they might let you on...
The place that interviewed you 3 weeks ago - give Admissions a ring and ask for an update on your application. You should have heard by now even if they were going to reject you.
Reply 8
I actually just found out that they told me and two other people three different dates we would hear back by. One told me two weeks, the next person was told four weeks and my friend was told end of April. I don't want to be pushy that's all :/ ive also decided I think im going to accept the one in my city if I dont get into the Glasgow one because at least its what I want to be doing and I can always apply for the fourth year next year.
Original post by harrysbar
The place that interviewed you 3 weeks ago - give Admissions a ring and ask for an update on your application. You should have heard by now even if they were going to reject you.
Wait for a reply, then post. Right now there's no problem, so stop worrying about it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LauraJ_B
I actually just found out that they told me and two other people three different dates we would hear back by. One told me two weeks, the next person was told four weeks and my friend was told end of April. I don't want to be pushy that's all :/ ive also decided I think im going to accept the one in my city if I dont get into the Glasgow one because at least its what I want to be doing and I can always apply for the fourth year next year.

They sound a bit disorganised. I don't think it comes across as pushy just to ask for an update but it's up to you if you prefer to wait. Hope you get good news

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending