TFL Apprenticeship 2019 Application Process Watch

tonythewangFR
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there. I have applied for the Software Technician L3 Apprenticeship and have made it to the video interview stage. I was just wondering and hoping wether there is someone who has any useful tips to give or have any information on what questions will be asked. Any advice will be appreciated!

Although I do not have much experience in an IT background i've always been interested in the area but have limited knowledge. I have read the job overview as a software technician on TFL's apprentice recruitment website but want to find out more information that i could use to learn and gain knowledge from. Websites/youtube links to useful sources will be great!

Apart from that id love to find out how other people applying to TFL's apprenticeship schemes are finding the process
kzo486
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
I am applying for the General Management L6 Apprenticeship and have passed the video interview. They make it quite clear in the email what kind of questions they are going to ask when they say "We would like you to think carefully about...". My questions were "Why do you want to work for TfL?" and "Why did you choose this apprenticeship and what makes you best suited for this role?". They will almost always ask the first one, so make sure you know about the organisation in detail and show your passion effectively!

I hope this helps and good luck

Kieran
(Original post by tonythewangFR)
Hi there. I have applied for the Software Technician L3 Apprenticeship and have made it to the video interview stage. I was just wondering and hoping wether there is someone who has any useful tips to give or have any information on what questions will be asked. Any advice will be appreciated!

Although I do not have much experience in an IT background i've always been interested in the area but have limited knowledge. I have read the job overview as a software technician on TFL's apprentice recruitment website but want to find out more information that i could use to learn and gain knowledge from. Websites/youtube links to useful sources will be great!

Apart from that id love to find out how other people applying to TFL's apprenticeship schemes are finding the process
harpyalex
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I applied for the Finance L4 apprenticeship, got an email last week telling me I've passed the video interview.

My questions were along the lines of 'Why do you want to work for TFL?' and "why do you want to apply for the *finance* course?

It's important that with the course related question you are really specific as to why you want to apply for that particular course, don't go off on tangents about TFL generally as you can talk about that in your first question. Really stick to the question itself! Write some notes beforehand so that you can have a solid idea of what you wanna talk about.

I submitted my responses early March so took just over 3 weeks to hear back, I think they must have loads of videos to watch.

Good luck and don't panic!
ChickenOriental
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tonythewangFR)

have you gotten a response from tfl??
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Althusser
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who has been invited to an assessment centre on the 30th April for the procurement apprenticeship?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.16%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.78%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise