The Student Room Group

I'm literally having a breakdown

I'm doing my GCSE English lit and lang in literally a month and I'm so stressed. I'm predicted a nine and my teacher fully expects me to achieve the top grade yet I am so scared I will mess up and get a 6 or something. My expectations are so high that I would be devastated with an A and not satisfied with an 8. How do I revise ?! I have so many other subjects and there doesn't seem to be time. Does anyone who got a good grade have any tips to recap the books I'm doing or revise for the language?!
I am really scared and really desperate to do well - I want to do literature at uni so this is important as if I don't get an A I can't do it at a level BC my school won't let me. IM SO STRESSED.
ANY help will be much appreciated:smile: xxxx
Firstly, chill a 6 is still good. What's wrong with a 6? In English I got a 8 & 9. Tbh, all you have to do is watch mr bruff and practice a lot of questions.

In my mocks in november I got a 5 so by banging out revision drastically I improved. Anything is possible if you are consistent and work hard
Original post by rockyball89
Firstly, chill a 6 is still good. What's wrong with a 6? In English I got a 8 & 9. Tbh, all you have to do is watch mr bruff and practice a lot of questions.

In my mocks in november I got a 5 so by banging out revision drastically I improved. Anything is possible if you are consistent and work hard

I know a 6 isn't bad at all but I've been getting 9s for the last year and top of my year so I have a whole load of pressure.
I'm so scared it will be a question I'm not ready for and I'll mess it up.
Im literally stressing out because it means so much to me
no body is perfect. last year I sat two GCSEs I was expecting 9's in both of them and worked really hard, got 9's all year round Guess what happened I get a 8 in Additional maths and 8 in R.E so you might not get the 9's but outworking everyone increases the chance. If you have been getting 9's even if you mess up the question your lowest grade will probably be a 7 which is fine because, It's an 8. Personally, in my opinion 6's and above are good.
Original post by aliceaquaspirit
I know a 6 isn't bad at all but I've been getting 9s for the last year and top of my year so I have a whole load of pressure.
Reply 4
Your hard work will pay off - don't worry about other people's expectations of you, they know and you know that you're going to try your best and that is all that matters. You've been working hard all year and can obviously perform in tests as you've been getting 9s, so just try to remember: you have every reason to be confident :smile:
Original post by aliceaquaspirit

Quick Reply

Latest