The Student Room Group

nadzo's grow your grades | iGCSES 2019

Hey guys! I've seen lots of people write about their journey to various target grades in the form of a blog and decided it would be a good idea to start up the same one. Feel free to comment your subjects, target grades and your mocks.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck,I'm aiming for all 7 and 8's
Original post by jade_oswell_89
Hey guys! I've seen lots of people write about their journey to various target grades in the form of a blog and decided it would be a good idea to start up the same one. Feel free to comment your subjects, target grades and your mocks.

I'm taking the CIE board, but I'll change all of my grades into levels (9/8 etc)

Here are my recent mock grades, and my targets;
MOCKS:
- Business studies: 9
- Geography: 9
- French: 9
- Biology 9
- English literature: 7 (three marks away from an 8 eek)
- Art: 7
- Global perspectives: 9
- English: 9
- Maths: 9

TARGET GRADES:
- I am hoping to get all 9/8s -- specifically English literature and Art so if you have tips, they would be much appreciated!

So each day, I'm going to be blogging what I'm doing for the day, my targets and what I have accomplished. I invite you to do the same :smile:

Let's go! There's only ONE more month until the start of my GCSEs! OMG.

I wish you luck..so what are you doing today?
Reply 3
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be amazing :smile:
Thank you so much! <3
Original post by rosa.a
Good luck! I'm sure you'll be amazing :smile:
Just about to update the first day of my blog! Stay tuned hehe x
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
I wish you luck..so what are you doing today?
Just about to update the first day of my blog! Stay tuned hehe x

Okay:smile:
DAY ONE: April 2nd:
I have my French Speaking exam in approximately 11 days so my original plan was to continue practicing my topics. I also have my art coursework due in a week! Eek. My schedule so far;

8:00-9:00 Breakfast DONE
9:00-4:00 Went to school to work on some art coursework DONE (Two pieces completed yay)
4:00 - 5:00 Lunch/Break DONE
5:00 - 8:30 Work on some french topic conversation questions DONE
8:30 - 10:00 Work on Les Vacances topic for french DONE
10:00 - 11:00 Practice some roleplays DONE
11:00 - 12:00 Make some flashcards about various tenses -- Will move this to tomorrow

I'm hoping tomorrow is a more productive day with a wider variety of subjects to revise like yesterday (I studied Biology, English Literature, Business and Art)
(edited 5 years ago)
You make my grades look trash :frown:. I'm on 6's and 7's for everything except history and english where I got 8 and 7.
DAY ONE: April 2nd:
I have my French Speaking exam in approximately 11 days so my original plan was to continue practicing my topics. I also have my art coursework due in a week! Eek. My schedule so far;

8:00-9:00 Breakfast
9:00-4:00 Went to school to work on some art coursework DONE (Two pieces completed yay)
4:00 - 5:00 Lunch/Break
5:00 - 8:30 Work on some french topic conversation questions IN PROGRESS
8:30 - 10:00 Work on Les Vacances topic for french
10:00 - 11:00 Practice some roleplays
11:00 - 12:00 Make some flashcards about various tenses

I'm hoping tomorrow is a more productive day with a wider variety of subjects to revise like yesterday (I studied Biology, English Literature, Business and Art)

High Five....I also went to school to do ART and am now doing Biology
Original post by rockyball89
You make my grades look trash :frown:. I'm on 6's and 7's for everything except history and english where I got 8 and 7.

You can change those 6/7's to 8's and to 9's..just work hard
Don't say that, I never said my grades were ALWAYS like this. With enough effort, I'm sure you can reach higher grades. I used to get **** grades in most of my subjects until I learned new revision techniques.
Let's goooo! What are you revising for Biology?
High Five....I also went to school to do ART and am now doing Biology
Exactly!
You can change those 6/7's to 8's and to 9's..just work hard
but my teachers keep saying my grades can't change drastically cause there is only 1 month left. But I'm sure If I work hard and bang out revision during Easter I can improve right e.g. I can go up 2 or 3 my grades?
Don't say that, I never said my grades were ALWAYS like this. With enough effort, I'm sure you can reach higher grades. I used to get **** grades in most of my subjects until I learned new revision techniques.
Let's goooo! What are you revising for Biology?

Going over all of paper 1 again and doing practice q
Yes for sure! With enough effort, I'm sure you can do it. I made my grade go from a 6 to a 9 in only a month and a half (MATH; I used to hate that subject)
but my teachers keep saying my grades can't change drastically cause there is only 1 month left. But I'm sure If I work hard and bang out revision during Easter I can improve right e.g. I can go up 2 or 3 my grades?

Clearly..it is evident that the OP worked hard...and if you do ..you can too (believe in yourself)...Trust me.....hardwork pays off...i went from 5/6 in geography to 9 and 8's in science's just revise!
wth a 6 to a 9. DAMN! I'm on a 6 for maths i find it so challenging - I guess I would work hard , I think I'm not improving because, I'm not putting enough effort into the subject and avoiding it
Yes for sure! With enough effort, I'm sure you can do it. I made my grade go from a 6 to a 9 in only a month and a half (MATH; I used to hate that subject)
wth a 6 to a 9. DAMN! I'm on a 6 for maths i find it so challenging - I guess I would work hard , I think I'm not improving because, I'm not putting enough effort into the subject and avoiding it

Tell me bout it :colonhash:...I love avoiding english

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending