utuxotwod
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm thinking about doing Psychology in uni. I'm currently in Year 12 and would like to apply for a top uni. so, I would like my personal statement to stand out.
What extra activities can I do that relate to Psychology for my personal statements? any book recommendations? magazines? podcasts? any help is appreciated.
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe go listen to some talks about a particular topic in psychology or even biology or any relating field would be ok probably, a lot of unis do those things I think.
And read some books about psychology but it's not really about which book it's about what you write about it in ur PS as you could have read the best book to read but if you cant say what its got to do with you applying for psychology then it means nothing. Wouldn't recommend Freudian stuff books tho cuz pretty sure unis don't really like that stuff anymore

There's a *monthly* issue magazine for a level students called the psychology review ( I think ) edited by Cara Flanagan (who writes the aqa text books) which is quite interesting
Last edited by Afterlife?; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (4)
16.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
4.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise