Evaluate the extent to which the UK remains a genuine pluralistic democracy.

Watch
leilabennettt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am trying to make an essay plan for my a level revision and am so stuck on this! can suggest some for an against points?
blurryleo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will have to define pluralistic democracy which is basically 'a form of democracy where governments make decisions as a consequence of the interaction between groups and organisations who have different ideas and contrasting arguments.' So it's to do with representative and direct democracy together. You can say that the use of both elections and referendums are useful, along with the role of pressure groups in influencing the government and finally the use of other forms of democracy such as e-petitions and protests and just make for and against points for all of them. Hope this helped
leilabennettt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you so much!!
(Original post by blurryleo)
You will have to define pluralistic democracy which is basically 'a form of democracy where governments make decisions as a consequence of the interaction between groups and organisations who have different ideas and contrasting arguments.' So it's to do with representative and direct democracy together. You can say that the use of both elections and referendums are useful, along with the role of pressure groups in influencing the government and finally the use of other forms of democracy such as e-petitions and protests and just make for and against points for all of them. Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (52)
15.85%
I'm not sure (8)
2.44%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (112)
34.15%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.83%
I'm not a current university student (150)
45.73%

Watched Threads