username2427341
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm planning to be revising for 8+ hours starting from April holidays. If I take regular breaks between each session would that be ok? I'm planning to do 2 hours for each subject but every half an hour, I would take a 10 minute break in between the 2 hours. After 2 hours, I would have a half an hour break.
username4368582
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
2 hours straight is way too long
You’ll only remember the stuff you revised at the start and end of the session, nothing in the middle
Try 50minutes solid then a 10 minute break
chazwomaq
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Yes, that sounds fine. 8 hours is a typical working day so although it sounds a lot it's doable with breaks. You will have to be self motivated to stick to it with nobody forcing you though. Even if you drop to 6 hours sometimes it's still worthwhile.
username2427341
Rep:
?
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
You’ll only remember the stuff you revised at the start and end of the session, nothing in the middle
Ok I'll try that, thanks for the advice 😊
K.I.M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
we had assembly ages ago, and the person said that if you revise for example 2 hours, alot of the information wont stay however, if you do revision for 25 minutes then take a 5 minutes break your morely to remember the stuff you are revising
(Original post by *Alisha*)
I'm planning to be revising for 8+ hours starting from April holidays. If I take regular breaks between each session would that be ok? I'm planning to do 2 hours for each subject but every half an hour, I would take a 10 minute break in between the 2 hours. After 2 hours, I would have a half an hour break.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It'll only be effective if your revision is effective. I'm at uni and the most I can effectively do without burning out is 5 hours
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Of course it is, just get Modafinil to keep you going and you could probably do more than that.
anonymous.2000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
8 hours is absolutely fine as long as you divide this time into small bursts of revision that are actually effective.
caitlinamae
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It'll only be effective if your revision is effective. I'm at uni and the most I can effectively do without burning out is 5 hours
Same here, anything past 5 hours and I can’t concentrate anymore and get way too tired. Anything else I do is useless as I don’t remember it. Never understood how people do 8 hours + revision a day lmao
username2427341
Rep:
?
(Original post by namkeen-kuthi)
your username lol
username4368582
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
your username lol
thank you ☺️
username3027362
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
As long as you won’t burn out then it’s ok. Most people find it difficult to go from little to no revision to 4/6 or 8 hours a day.
username2427341
Rep:
?
(Original post by ALYAMAANI)
As long as you won’t burn out then it’s ok. Most people find it difficult to go from little to no revision to 4/6 or 8 hours a day.
I've been doing a lot of hours recently, but with a lot of breaks. I'm used to it.
independentx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I couldn't do it personally but I guess if it works for you then it's absolutely fine. So long as you take regular breaks - perhaps 45-50 minutes then a 10 minute break and a longer break every couple of hours (up to an hour).
MormontMan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Don't revise, I didn't and I did very well at GCSEs and A-Levels.
nicole123444xxx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
for a levels or gcses???
Jordan White
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
8 hours can work depending on how you go about it and how long you are doing it for. Personally, 6 hours has always been my sweet spot; I would revise for 3 hours or so shortly after I woke up and 3 hours before I went to bed. 8 hours will be harder to fit around, but not impossible.
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by independentx)
I couldn't do it personally but I guess if it works for you then it's absolutely fine. So long as you take regular breaks - perhaps 45-50 minutes then a 10 minute break and a longer break every couple of hours (up to an hour).
I agree
caitlinamae
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
[QUOTE=Jordan White;82586128]8 hours can work depending on how you go about it and how long you are doing it for. Personally, 6 hours has always been my sweet spot; I would revise for 3 hours or so shortly after I woke up and 3 hours before I went to bed. 8 hours will be harder to fit around, but not impossible.

This is a really good way of doing it
caitlinamae
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
[QUOTE=caitlinamae;82590812]
(Original post by Jordan White)
8 hours can work depending on how you go about it and how long you are doing it for. Personally, 6 hours has always been my sweet spot; I would revise for 3 hours or so shortly after I woke up and 3 hours before I went to bed. 8 hours will be harder to fit around, but not impossible.

This is a really good way of doing it
Not sure why that didn’t quote the person above but it was supposed to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (90)
52.33%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.77%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.91%

Watched Threads