He is taking my kindness for weakness!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so me and this guy have been together for 4 years and he has kids from previous relationship. we argued the last couple of days because i asked why hes is acting off with me. the day before that his son was taken to the hospital as he got ill and he told me his son is back home and better than he was. I knew i shouldnt have asked him this knowing he is a bad place but one question led to serious of name calling and many hurtful words. He called me selfish and disguisting and he even blocked me too. so far we have been still arguing about this and the more i talk to him the more i find out that i dont mean much to him. For example he said to me that im not a priority in his life. I asked him today if i am overwhelming him with stuff and if im attached to which he replied that i am too attached and that i always ask questions about the kids when they are ill when hes is busy looking after them. so that made me feel that he has taken the fact me caring and and asking about his kids in a wrong way. overall i m very much hurt by this and dont know what to do
Fatboyfat
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ditch the ungrateful scumbag.
chloetaylor2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so me and this guy have been together for 4 years and he has kids from previous relationship. we argued the last couple of days because i asked why hes is acting off with me. the day before that his son was taken to the hospital as he got ill and he told me his son is back home and better than he was. I knew i shouldnt have asked him this knowing he is a bad place but one question led to serious of name calling and many hurtful words. He called me selfish and disguisting and he even blocked me too. so far we have been still arguing about this and the more i talk to him the more i find out that i dont mean much to him. For example he said to me that im not a priority in his life. I asked him today if i am overwhelming him with stuff and if im attached to which he replied that i am too attached and that i always ask questions about the kids when they are ill when hes is busy looking after them. so that made me feel that he has taken the fact me caring and and asking about his kids in a wrong way. overall i m very much hurt by this and dont know what to do
don't talk to him. he is abusing you and you need to get out of the relationship now.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If he says that you're not a priority to him and that he feels you're too attached to him then that sounds to me like he isn't all that serious about you. It sounds like his family is more important to him and despite 4 years together he still doesn't consider you a part of his 'family' in any sense.

The way he's behaving is more like a guy in a relatively new relationship. Not someone who in an established long-term one.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You do know what to do! You know that you '"don't mean much to him" and that he is very quick tempered and abusive! So you are probably aware that you should dump him immediately aren't you?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Asking about his kids shows that you care about them and are concerned for their wellbeing, if anything. Would he rather you ignore their existence instead? It can be difficult when there's kids from a previous relationship as the parent has priorities that may come before you but after being together for 4 years, there's no reason why he shouldn't be classing you as part of the family as well. You may not be the kid's biological mother but you care about them too, any man should be pleased his partner takes an interest in his children.
chloetaylor2002
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try and try to take some time out from him as well like go on a long holiday and see when you come back he apologies for his actions and changes. if not... end it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.81%
I'm not sure (32)
4.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (215)
31.25%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.33%
I'm not a current university student (330)
47.97%

Watched Threads