Joe Biden blames 'the white man's culture' for sexual assaults Watch

Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Biden is leading the polls by a mile, followed by Sanders, followed by Kamela Harris, then Elizabeth Warren.
If Biden wins the primary, expect a second term Trump presidency. His policies and voting record is far worse than his attempt to get close to females and smell their hair and inappropriately touch them. I'm not sure which focus group suggested it would tactically be a good idea to blame cis-white males, though i can see the logic behind what demographic he is trying to appease there.

My heart tells me Sanders will win, but the cooporate Democrats are definitely going to want Biden, or someone like Kamela Harris (and i hope they don't play on gender/race like they did against Sanders last time, with paid? posters on social media calling Sanders supporters "Bernie bro's" as they did with Obama in "Obama boys".

If they can't get Biden they will go for another corporate democrat, who will have the full force of the corporate media, the DNC, and the wider establishment. I'd say Kamela Harris is probably likely, and once again i hope they don't exploit race and gender.

How will the corporate media approach this? They might try to split the Sanders support by giving more coverage to people similar to him, like Warren and her ilk, who have no real chance of winning in my view, but can be promoted enough. Let's face it, these news outlets are owned by giant parent companies who stand at risk of losing billions in the event of a Sanders presidency.
Last edited by Tawheed; 2 weeks ago
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh BBC, Sanders, gave Hillary a run for her money and is second favourite according to polls. Where is his picture BBC? He has raised the most amount of money so far and has enormous grass-roots support.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.13.28.png
Views: 10
Size:  41.8 KB

On what planet is his omission even justifiable here? It isn't just on one item they have done this, but several.
Tawheed
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Is Biden transracial, from spending all that time with the Obamas? Lad doesn't realise he's also white.
He's doing it for votes. A lot of the statements that come out of establishment Democrats running for presidency tend to come out of focus groups, where statements and speeches are meticulously planned in detail to achieve a very specific desire effect.

The defeated Clinton had many of these, and plans were made from claiming she took hot sauce in her bag, to putting on a southern accent. Meticulous efforts were made from third-party groups supporting her to weaponise race in the fight against Sanders, and i was in the thick of it on social media witnessing it unfold.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Considering that 63% of reported rapes in the US are committed by whites according to a 2014 study, despite more than 70% of the country being white... I'd not say that's entirely accurate.
i luv ya woods but tbf...63% is a lot lol
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
Oh BBC, Sanders, gave Hillary a run for her money and is second favourite according to polls. Where is his picture BBC? He has raised the most amount of money so far and has enormous grass-roots support.

On what planet is his omission even justifiable here? It isn't just on one item they have done this, but several.
scared. or, those other people need a chance and won't have one if bernard was there

but that's why the people who love bernie love him. he's the underdog. :dumbells:
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

That is pretty weird. As much as I think the guy is too radical, Sanders really can't be ignored.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
i luv ya woods but tbf...63% is a lot lol
It would be, but then I also pointed out that more than 70% of the country is white. That means the percentage of rapists making up the white population is lower than the percentage of rapists making up the non-white population in the US.
JohanGRK
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Meticulous efforts were made from third-party groups supporting her to weaponise race in the fight against Sanders, and i was in the thick of it on social media witnessing it unfold.
alright big boy, don't get carried away with your war stories now
JinChang
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Biden is leading the polls by a mile, followed by Sanders, followed by Kamela Harris, then Elizabeth Warren.
If is the candidate for the democrats then Trump will win easily.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It would be, but then I also pointed out that more than 70% of the country is white. That means the percentage of rapists making up the white population is lower than the percentage of rapists making up the non-white population in the US.
:hmmm: but 63% is more than half of the rapists though lol and for one group. The remainder of rape is 37% for all other groups combined you get me? ah **** we shouldnt really be bringing race into it since whichever colour rape is a vile thing to do.
mgi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Is Biden transracial, from spending all that time with the Obamas? Lad doesn't realise he's also white.
What?? i think he does! the point is what?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:hmmm: but 63% is more than half of the rapists though lol and for one group. The remainder of rape is 37% for all other groups combined you get me? ah **** we shouldnt really be bringing race into it since whichever colour rape is a vile thing to do.
Sure, but Joe Biden suggests it's a problem with white people being more likely to be rapists - he speaks as if the rape problem in the US would cease to exist if all white men were replaced with non-white men. Here's why this is a totally false postulation - 76% of the 327m population means 251m are white. That means 76m are non-white. That's a ratio of 3.3:1 of whites:non-whites. 63% of rapists being white means a ratio of 1.58:1. So there are 3.3 white people to every non-white person in the US, and yet only 1.58 white rapists to every 1 non-white rapist. So, basically, non-whites in the US are statistically twice as likely to be rapists, which makes Joe Biden's rhetoric complete and utter horseshit, even if I've gotten these figures marginally wrong due to it being very late as I write this there's a huge margin for error between those ratios :lol:

Yeah, I mean I'm not here to point fingers at any particular race, I just like to challenge flawed logic, and Joe Biden's logic is incredibly flawed. I'd be doing the same if he was here saying something positive about white folks when the statistics didn't quite reflect what he was saying.

Right, I'm off to bed now :rofl:
Last edited by It's****ingWOODY; 2 weeks ago
umbrella321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You should be ashamed of yourself for lying. You are not quoting statistics for the country but a very unique demographic --US college campuses....if you aren't courageous enough to tell the truth you should bail out.

A 2014 study of college campus rape statistics by the BJS found that 63% of reported rapes against females aged 18 to 24 are done by white males, 19% are done by black males and 10% are done by another race and 8% are unknown. The study used data from 1995-2013, and show that rape in college are independent of race.
RajahElTigre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think some people are taking what he said out of context, and the context is American culture and mentality. It's not to say that all white men are rapists; it's to point out that a majority of rapes are committed by white men, which is something a lot of people avoid admitting. There is a huge difference in how white rapists are charged or addressed compared to minorities in America, ESPECIALLY on campuses. When a person from a minority group is accused of rape (including false accusations) they tend to face harsh consequences whereas many white male rapists barely get a punishment and people are willing to brush it off. I think Biden is saying that it's unfair to be so lax with white male rapists, especially because their race represents more rapists than other races. The "white male culture" or mentality in this case is the idea among white men in America that they don't need to take rape seriously because they know that many of them get away with it.
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RajahElTigre)
I think some people are taking what he said out of context, and the context is American culture and mentality. It's not to say that all white men are rapists; it's to point out that a majority of rapes are committed by white men, which is something a lot of people avoid admitting. There is a huge difference in how white rapists are charged or addressed compared to minorities in America, ESPECIALLY on campuses. When a person from a minority group is accused of rape (including false accusations) they tend to face harsh consequences whereas many white male rapists barely get a punishment and people are willing to brush it off. I think Biden is saying that it's unfair to be so lax with white male rapists, especially because their race represents more rapists than other races. The "white male culture" or mentality in this case is the idea among white men in America that they don't need to take rape seriously because they know that many of them get away with it.
He’s trying to blame a ‘culture’ instead of taking personal responsibility. It’s a really pathetic tactic and it’s pandering to the left in an attempt to absolve himself. I think he’s a really disgusting individual with no moral compass whatsoever.
RajahElTigre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
He’s trying to blame a ‘culture’ instead of taking personal responsibility. It’s a really pathetic tactic and it’s pandering to the left in an attempt to absolve himself. I think he’s a really disgusting individual with no moral compass whatsoever.
Well if you're talking about the misconduct or assault accusations against him, he has said that he doesn't think he acted inappropriately but he's willing to listen to those who feel like he did. That's openness to admit that his behavior was wrong. As for the culture comment, I think it works both ways. You have to admit that you personally did something wrong/inappropriate and you have to admit that there is a culture or something else about society that enables that behavior. It's recognizing your own faults and the faults of a group that you belong to.
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RajahElTigre)
Well if you're talking about the misconduct or assault accusations against him, he has said that he doesn't think he acted inappropriately but he's willing to listen to those who feel like he did. That's openness to admit that his behavior was wrong. As for the culture comment, I think it works both ways. You have to admit that you personally did something wrong/inappropriate and you have to admit that there is a culture or something else about society that enables that behavior. It's recognizing your own faults and the faults of a group that you belong to.
No. He made those comments to deflect from his own bad behaviour. He literally touched the breasts of teenagers in front of a camera. He doesn’t represent a group; he represents himself and he is not willing to take any personal responsibility for anything that he has done.

He’s willing to listen to people who think that he did something wrong? That’s mighty big of him. I’m not a fan of republicans, but a republican who did the same thing would be absolutely crucified in the media. I hate the hypocrisy. American politics in general is a joke.
z-hog
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Trump and Republicans in general would probably fancy Biden as a rival, it is the in-house Democratic feminist wing that is lighting up this fire under him behind the scenes. Last thing they want is an old white geezer from getting the nomination and being militant as they are...

It's all smoke and mirrors in this game of ID politics, what looks one thing is generally something else. The media 'reporting' is in fact more manipulative than anything, unless we develop an ability to see through it as much as possible... we'll only ever know what somebody wants us to think we know.
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do we really have to explain this to you? White people make 70% of the population. If there were no correlation between race and likelihood to rape we would expect around 70% of rapists to be white. If there were a problem with "white culture" and propensity to rape then we'd expect more than 70% of rapists to be white, if there weren't actually a specific problem with "white culture" we would expect LESS than 70% of rapists to be white (which is what we see).
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by umbrella321)
You should be ashamed of yourself for lying. You are not quoting statistics for the country but a very unique demographic --US college campuses....if you aren't courageous enough to tell the truth you should bail out.

A 2014 study of college campus rape statistics by the BJS found that 63% of reported rapes against females aged 18 to 24 are done by white males, 19% are done by black males and 10% are done by another race and 8% are unknown. The study used data from 1995-2013, and show that rape in college are independent of race.
Alright, well hands held up for the oversight, but that's all it was, an oversight, not purposely lying.
However, a further smidge of research shows that from 1994-2010, 57% of rapes were committed by whites, meaning 43% by non-whites, and given the earlier cut-off period and the fact that the percentage of whites has gotten smaller every year since meaning the percentage of whites in that period would have been larger than what it is now, this only goes to further prove my point. https://www.rainn.org/statistics/per...exual-violence
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise